Page 65 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1555636465666775 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    In all seriousness, please consider this. There are lots of ways to overcome objectives mentally. Many of them are a bit more hardcore than running a marathon. A buddy told me about doing BUD/S "straight off the couch," after lazing around for months. Stuck through dark moments with nothing but mental fortitude. "It wasn't that hard," he said. "Of course, I can say that and few can contradict me."

A different buddy used to warm up for event season by doing a couple of marathons. This year it took 8 months of intensive training to complete one, and he was pushed and carried about half the distance, because he lost his leg and the prosthetic wasn't quite right yet. He hopes to do his, what? 4th? Anyway, his next Death Race next year.

I could go on, but I'll stop. I'm sure you know plenty of people who put your (and my) puny levels of mental fortitude to shame.

Consider that more than one such person has conversed with you here. Consider that they have much to teach. Consider that receptive listening, made possible by a little humility, can unlock much potential that remains hidden inside you. You may be a badass, I'll never know. But here's what's true: you're a pathetic weakling compared to what you're capable of. Just gotta embrace the beginner's mind so it can receive the prerequisite knowledge.
    We are all a culmination of our experience both first hand and taught. no one here is expempt from that, least of all me. There are levels of badass I cannot even begin to compare with that I have seen first hand and been taught through those experiences.

If nothing else, I am forever a student of those who have information and knowledge to pass on, I will (and have) traveled far and wide for training from those who I believe I can learn from.

This is the exact impression those who meet me have and its the most valid point here, because it genuinely gave me pause to read that people took away something negative from my posts.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    it genuinely gave me pause to read that people took away something negative from my posts.
    Awesome.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

In all seriousness, please consider this. There are lots of ways to overcome objectives mentally. Many of them are a bit more hardcore than running a marathon. A buddy told me about doing BUD/S "straight off the couch," after lazing around for months. Stuck through dark moments with nothing but mental fortitude. "It wasn't that hard," he said. "Of course, I can say that and few can contradict me."

A different buddy used to warm up for event season by doing a couple of marathons. This year it took 8 months of intensive training to complete one, and he was pushed and carried about half the distance, because he lost his leg and the prosthetic wasn't quite right yet. He hopes to do his, what? 4th? Anyway, his next Death Race next year.

I could go on, but I'll stop. I'm sure you know plenty of people who put your (and my) puny levels of mental fortitude to shame.

Consider that more than one such person has conversed with you here. Consider that they have much to teach. Consider that receptive listening, made possible by a little humility, can unlock much potential that remains hidden inside you. You may be a badass, I'll never know. But here's what's true: you're a pathetic weakling compared to what you're capable of. Just gotta embrace the beginner's mind so it can receive the prerequisite knowledge.
    Mike drop....

VD, I understand where you your coming from, as for everyone else I understand your side too. Meet half way with the quoted text above and it would be simple right?

I haven't hit the mega millions and have not built a official PF host range in Texas yet.

Group training section by state would be nice, I'd like to train/be taught/influenced by more competent people around me. It's hard for me to train solo, I like the interaction of fellow shooters and the accountability that comes with it and the competitive drive associated with it as well.

SME title don't give a shit, almost everyone is a SME on shooting compared to me. I listen a to a ton of people and take what I can from each. I "try" to treat everyone on the same playing field. I do appreciate the SMEs on the board and would do as well if the title wasn't there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

Did it involve running your mouth?
    Of course it did, it was in a liberal enclave.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    Of course it did, it was in a liberal enclave.
    Heh, well, the way you run a gun, I think that makes up for any other running you did or didn't do. For myself, I've got a browser tab open on a bubble run web page, hoping I can work up the courage to press the register button. We all wrestle our own demons...
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by 125 mph View Post
    Are you saying you could do a full marathon or a fat dispatcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I can, and have done a full marathon.

I could not, will not do a fat dispatcher.

DBFC! (Death Before Fat Chicks)

Heh, well, the way you run a gun, I think that makes up for any other running you did or didn't do. For myself, I've got a browser tab open on a bubble run web page, hoping I can work up the courage to press the register button. We all wrestle our own demons...
    I would do a bubble run if I had a running leg.

All those mud runs, fuck no. All that suckage that everyone talks about from boot camp, and people want to actually pay to do it? I think Terminal Lance sums it up:
    http://terminallance.com/2014/01/28/...er-tough-sell/
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    I would do a bubble run if I had a running leg.

All those mud runs, fuck no. All that suckage that everyone talks about from boot camp, and people want to actually pay to do it? I think Terminal Lance sums it up:
    http://terminallance.com/2014/01/28/...er-tough-sell/
    Terminal Lance has weak mental fortitude.

I actually enjoy the GORUCK ones, I don't really train that hard if I don't have an event or goal to train for...

No joke. Buddy of mine doesn't think it counts unless it's above 10k elevation. He also rucks for days and lifts decently. Inhuman is right. Nicest dude in the world to boot.
    Is this Ed H? I'm thinking we may have a mutual friend.
    Last edited by LSP552; 09-17-2015 at 12:22 PM.

Butters, the d*** shooter Byron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I literally do not care. I am pointing out a pattern of yours.
    Got it. I'm not always great at seeing patterns in my own behavior, so I appreciate you raising it to me. It definitely gives me some things to ponder.

Many thanks to BWT, SLG, GJM, DarkStar Tom, Head Honcho Tom, and Tam for your warm words. (Hopefully I didn't miss anybody). They mean a lot more to me than you might think, especially since I've been in arguments with some of you in the past. I'm humbled.
    "If you run into an a**hole in the morning, you ran into an a**hole. If you run into a**holes all day, you're the a**hole." - Raylan Givens

User Tag List