Page 63 of 79 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573 ... LastLast

Thread: Happy PFestivus! I've got a lot of problems with you people.

Quote Originally Posted by MDS View Post
    My coach's southern drawl was from further south than yours. Also he didn't speak English, and he used a different name in person than the one on his employment paperwork.

What distances did you compete in?
    Yeah, you win on the coach.

800, 1600, 2 mile, distance relay (I did 2 mile leg), 3.1 and ran several marathons.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by misanthropist View Post
    If the guy won't learn from this, he won't learn. Which is probably the most realistic outcome.

Personally I never really read VM's posts just because in general, I have so little time that I skim through stuff here. So I never really noticed the general theme. But then it came up in this thread so much that I went and had a look.

Yeah, if everyone's telling you that you come off like an insufferable douchebag because you flip out the second anyone questions you and go on a crazy defensive chest-puffing aggro bender...either it's an episode of the Twilight Zone and you're the only one who isn't crazy, or you need to do some personal reflection.

And, incidentally, although I had never noticed this particular poster, this kind of thing is EXACTLY why I made an earlier comment about how if you DON'T think you're the problem, you're probably the problem.
    Yeah, and quickly proceeded to hit me with "the smeller is the feller". I'll be right over here, holding my breath, waiting for the apology.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    That is several levels of wrong and like a dozen straight up gangsta policy violations, I approve of your lack of fucks.
    I was married to her (practice marriage) and she worked at another agency....I was too much of a target to violate policies that end up with something to hold against you. I am a big believer in not dipping your pen in company ink. But I would prefer working out in the rack than running......its why I can handle the big ones without a rest.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

This Festivus sadly seems to be dying down.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by PPGMD View Post
    I did some work for one of the mud run groups, does that count?
    Did it involve running your mouth?

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Yeah, you win on the coach.

800, 1600, 2 mile, distance relay (I did 2 mile leg), 3.1 and ran several marathons.
    Couch? I clocked 100m at 10.3 in high school, 10.1 in college. Anything longer than 100m and you can't pretend you're not running away. Marathons are for weak, pencil-necked, chicken-legged tofu-lovers who can neither run fast nor lift heavy.

But don't take this the wrong way, my tone is perfectly neutral, I'm just speaking from experience so others can benefit from knowing the truth about things.
    Last edited by MDS; 09-17-2015 at 09:30 AM.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I ve banged a dispatcher in full patrol gear. She wasn't a fat one. I could probably do a full one and wouldn't need the few days to relax......
    Even your dispachers wear full patrol gear? You guys really are tougher than us back east.

Couch? I clocked 100m at 10.3 in high school, 10.1 in college. Anything longer than 100m and you can't pretend you're not running away. Marathons are for weak, pencil-necked, chicken-legged tofu-lovers who can neither run fast nor lift heavy.

But don't take this the wrong way, my tone is perfectly neutral, I'm just speaking from experience so others can benefit from knowing the truth about things.
    2 of my professors were ultra-marathoners.

Whatever they were, it certainly wasn't human.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    I ve banged a dispatcher in full patrol gear. She wasn't a fat one. I could probably do a full one and wouldn't need the few days to relax......
    Are you saying you could do a full marathon or a fat dispatcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    2 of my professors were ultra-marathoners.

Whatever they were, it certainly wasn't human.
    No joke. Buddy of mine doesn't think it counts unless it's above 10k elevation. He also rucks for days and lifts decently. Inhuman is right. Nicest dude in the world to boot.
    The answer, it seems to me, is wrath. The mind cannot foresee its own advance. --FA Hayek Specialization is for insects.

I see what you did there.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List