Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: SIG E2 Grips - Perfect example of feel isn't performance

Large glove sized hands here. I bought a used P229 that came with the standard grips and short reach trigger. While it felt very comfortable at the start of the DA press, I had an insane amount of front sight movement at the break. I purchased and installed a standard trigger and, while not as "comfortable" when the DA trigger is at full reset, I shoot much more accurately with it.

Same with the Gen4 Glock 17, which I purchased when they first were introduced. I spent years convinced that my "low/left" issues were partly the fault of the grip being too large for my hand. I removed the grip insert and quickly realized that my issue was compounded with the shorter trigger reach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the E2 grip texture sucks for carry against my tender belly skin. . . OTOH, I like having one less rusting part (grip screws).

No performance difference for me.
    David S.

I have small hands (pretty much wear a size small glove in everyone's brand) but could never get used to the short reach trigger(it was cheaper to try the SRT than the E2 grips). My DA reach was better with it, but every pull after that caused me to throw my shots due to where my finger would rest on the trigger. That's when I tried the combo of the E2 & the Short Reach Trigger and I constantly pinched the portion of my finger between my palm and my first knuckle on my trigger finger when shooting SA.

I'm really glad I didn't give up on the Sigs, because for me, a standard trigger with short reset sear & Hogue grips is everything I could ever want in a handgun(P226R & P228R so far). It turns it into an expensive investment if the host pistol didn't originally come with either of those mods, but they are supportable and will last me a lifetime.

I had a set on my 229 for awhile until i noticed holes being worn in my shirt from carrying IWB. I then got the Hogue checkered G10. To me the E2 grips would get full of dead skin and lint i found they would lose their grips quickly, while the G10s don't seem to get so full of dead skin or lint.

User Tag List