Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SIG E2 Grips - Perfect example of feel isn't performance

SIG E2 Grips - Perfect example of feel isn't performance

For the 3rd time, I've put E2 grips on my 226R and 228 because I really like the feel. And once again at the range I am reminded why they don't stay. When pushing for accuracy at speed, I just don't shoot them as well as the regular factory grips. I'm not sure why, but they are my personal example of feel isn't performance.

I recently shot an E2 P229 and didn't like the grips at all, so I feel the same way.

Same here. On my 226 hey "feel great in the hand" but actually shooting the thing I couldn't get a solid grip on the gun and it made the recoil impulse feel... floppy.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Got rid of mine. Scratchy against the skin initially, then they lose traction with use, and never liked how they positioned my hand.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My personal impression is that they do not allow you to get as high a purchase on the grip.

Even my small handed 5'5" girlfriend prefers the old SIG grips.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

Site Supporter
    Yep, especially in .357 sig they are horrible. Plus I ride the slide release because of them.......and I have small hands.

I ordered some Hogue G10s , but of course I don't have grip screws. Should I just order sig grip screws or does hogue need specific grip screws?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Yep, especially in .357 sig they are horrible. Plus I ride the slide release because of them.......and I have small hands.

I ordered some Hogue G10s , but of course I don't have grip screws. Should I just order sig grip screws or does hogue need specific grip screws?
    I use the standard Sig grip screws with my G10.

I only liked the E2 grips because for me, they'd position my hand below the slide release and I wouldn't accidentally activate it. But, I couldn't hold the gun well enough to shoot at speed. Hogue G10, while a pretty heft investment for 2 pieces of plastic, give me the reduced size that I want in the shape that makes me still be able to control the gun.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post

I think only the aluminum grips require special screws. The standard SIG screws should be fine.

Standard SIG screws work for both the aluminum and G10.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

This is a pretty interesting thread on the topic of a glorious feeling in the hand but not so much in the actual shooting. Think how many times we've heard the advice to new shooters to go the gun store and pick the one that FEELS best to you!

This is a very valuable thread in that regard.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List