Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SilencerCo Omega or Gemtech One?

I bought my Gemtech G5 in 2010/11 based off of advice from the owner of Blue Force Gear.

I am full of making wrong decisions based off of emotions.

Quote Originally Posted by ffhounddog View Post
    I bought my Gemtech G5 in 2010/11 based off of advice from the owner of Blue Force Gear.

Blue Force Brittney is not the owner.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Blue Force Brittney is not the owner.
    HAHAH! I do believe she is no longer with BFG....
    You don't gotta love it. You just gotta do it.

Ashley is CEO but for some odd reason I thought Stephen was part owner.

So with this new suppressor coming out from SiCo would a SpecWar K 5.56 ($515) be better than an Omega ($800) I have a gemtech HVT that I picked up for $500 for my Rem700 but other than a future 300blk or 6.8 the can will spend time on a 5.56.

"Better" for your purposes, is completely subjective. Would you prefer to spend $715 (SpecWar K + stamp) on a dedicated 5.56 can or $1000 (Omega + stamp) on a modular .30cal can?

Two totally different cans, but size is about the same (with 5.56 end cap for the Omega - $80), but the SpecWar K will weigh a little less once you add the ASR mount to the Omega. Performance seems to be similar, based on the tests I've seen/read, again, if you spend another $80 on the Omega 5.56 end cap.

I have no personal experience with either, at this point, but I went with the Omega (In NFA jail).

Craig, stop using Math on me. Not helping. Hides behind Physics degree.

Thats what stopped me from buying two Specwar Ks. I needed the specwar K for my subgun (7.75 inch PWS) but then I can run an Omega on one rifle and a 300blk or 6.8.

I did place a surefire ryder on order for pistol can duty.

Wife is prego with twins so looking at quality kit. I just at the time thought I was going with the Gemtech one so got a hvt-gd from local gun store for $500. Also I a few of my "special friends" run the HVT on 700s cut to 18ish inches and M240s and M60s and prefer the stainless tube of the HVT over some lighter weight stuff but mission drives the gear train.
    Last edited by ffhounddog; 09-18-2015 at 05:33 AM.

Craig, stop using Math on me. Not helping. Hides behind Physics degree.

Thats what stopped me from buying two Specwar Ks. I needed the specwar K for my subgun (7.75 inch PWS) but then I can run an Omega on one rifle and a 300blk or 6.8.

I did place a surefire ryder on order for pistol can duty.

Wife is prego with twins so looking at quality kit. I just at the time thought I was going with the Gemtech one so got a hvt-gd from local gun store for $500. Also I a few of my "special friends" run the HVT on 700s cut to 18ish inches and M240s and M60s and prefer the stainless tube of the HVT over some lighter weight stuff but mission drives the gear train.
    It's such a commitment compared to the typical purchase that the decision becomes extraneously complicated.

Congrats to you and your wife, twins, that's awesome. We also have one on the way, our second, due in April.

I bought my G5-22 in 2013 and was wholly underwhelmed with its performance in almost every way. Really regret that purchase.

I did a lot of research before buying my suppressors and Gemtech certainly had a hit and miss track record according to my research.

Fred, you might contact Liberty or LRM-Tech for a suppressor recoring.
    #RESIST

User Tag List