Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: New Glock Gen 4 ejector

I appreciate the speculative answers. Thanks!
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I've just returned from the range after putting about 100 rounds through the Gen4 19 using the new ejector. While it wasn't a lot of rounds, not a single one came close to hitting my face. Ejection was not particularly strong, mind you. But, it was all between 3:30 and 5'oclock. In contrast, my last range session (using the original ejector) saw brass going over my shoulder or hitting me in the forehead at least 4 of every 10 rounds. I shot about 2 mags with the old RSA and 5 with the new 0-3-4. The recoil assembly made no difference in ejection.

I'm very happy that the gun isn't spitting brass at my head, but I wish it ejected with a little more authority. I should have a few hundred more rounds through it over the weekend. I'm hoping this ejector is the final revision to the 9mm Gen4s!

Here's a side by side of the two Glock 19 Gen4 ejectors:
    Name:  093011od_Glock Updated Ejector.jpg
Views: 687
Size:  23.8 KB
    Last edited by GearScout; 09-30-2011 at 09:51 PM. Reason: range report

The White Sound HRED will help with more forceful ejection.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I am a huge believer in this product.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    At your recommendation I'll try a few.

I REALLY want this pistol to work. I like the way it feels in my hand (esp. with the Grip Force Adaptor) and I love the sights (Trijicon HD). If not I'm poised to go HK.

I shot the Fredericksburg match today with the new ejector. Shot about 200 rounds. 1x brass bounced of the brim of my ball cap.

I'll call it a 90% improvement over the original ejector operation. I hope Glock isn't satisfied 'till they track down that final 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by GearScout View Post
    I shot the Fredericksburg match today with the new ejector. Shot about 200 rounds. 1x brass bounced of the brim of my ball cap.

I'll call it a 90% improvement over the original ejector operation. I hope Glock isn't satisfied 'till they track down that final 10%.
    GearScout,

Which extractor are you running in your Gen4?

Quote Originally Posted by NickDrak View Post
    GearScout,

Which extractor are you running in your Gen4?
    The stock Gen4 extractor. It's stamped "4". Photos here.

Quote Originally Posted by GearScout View Post

If the newly designed ejector is supposed to fix repeat problem ejections, I wouldn't be happy with anything less than 100% capability. Was 200 rounds with range ammo or higher grade carry? I'm guessing range but I just want to ask to make sure. I've had a few erratic ejections with my Gen 4's, with various types of weaker range ammos, but never anything but flawless ejection with my carry ammo.

This fiasco is turning into a real freaking headache. While I'm glad my Gen4's are working quite well and have apparently dodged the serious issues, reading up on this stuff constantly is quite worrisome. I think the worst part is there no apparent catch all solution to the myriad problems that have been besetting a portion of the Gen 4 9mm's. I've seen some people who have had the new RSA springs solve all their problems, some people who have had to spend $50+ on aftermarket parts to get their glocks working right when they should have come out that way from the box, some people who just can't get them to work no matter what, and on and on.

I was using Federal American Eagle 124gr.

Quote Originally Posted by Long tom coffin View Post
    Was 200 rounds with range ammo or higher grade carry? I'm guessing range but I just want to ask to make sure. I've had a few erratic ejections with my Gen 4's, with various types of weaker range ammos, but never anything but flawless ejection with my carry ammo.

User Tag List