Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on FireClean weapons oil

I've tried FC and Slip2K in my suppressed .22 adventures which is some filthy shooting. Could not see the difference. Both wiped off. The guns ran in both cases.

For Rich; https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-...ine-filthy-14/
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I've tried FC and Slip2K in my suppressed .22 adventures which is some filthy shooting. Could not see the difference. Both wiped off. The guns ran in both cases.

For Rich; https://www.slip2000.com/blog/s-w-a-...ine-filthy-14/
    Thanks.

I do know who that Pat Rogers guy is...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I have to say that I do not understand the amount of passion people get tied up in regarding pistol lubricants. People get their whole frickin' ego invested in whatever $3.95 bottle of slippy stuff they bought at the gun store to dribble on their pistol barrel, and that just makes no sense to me. I can kinda understand the lengths people will go to defend their $500 handgun purchase, but the oil thing leaves me baffled.
    It's no better in the bicycle world. People get really invested in the lube they use on their $30 chain. Ok, it also affects wear on the $100 cassette and $50 (each) chainrings, but even if you replace all 3 components, you're not out as much as a used pistol. On top of the lubricating properties, many are also concerned with how environmentally friendly the lube they sparingly apply to each link is, as if they're leaving a snail trail of the stuff behind them as they ride.

As for my guns, I use ATF for liquid lube and a 16yo tub of lightweight shock grease from back when I had suspension on my bikes. A little goes a long way. That grease is the slipperiest stuff I've come across. I only use it in my revolvers' lockwork though.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    It's no better in the bicycle world. People get really invested in the lube they use on their $30 chain. Ok, it also affects wear on the $100 cassette and $50 (each) chainrings, but even if you replace all 3 components, you're not out as much as a used pistol. On top of the lubricating properties, many are also concerned with how environmentally friendly the lube they sparingly apply to each link is, as if they're leaving a snail trail of the stuff behind them as they ride.

As for my guns, I use ATF for liquid lube and a 16yo tub of lightweight shock grease from back when I had suspension on my bikes. A little goes a long way. That grease is the slipperiest stuff I've come across. I only use it in my revolvers' lockwork though.

Chris
    My road bike has had Slip2K on it for years
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    My road bike has had Slip2K on it for years
    I bet that twists some noses in the right bike circles.

Does it give some folks the vapors?

I'm a longtime user of Boeshield T9. It doesn't wash off like some of the water-based wax lubes, but doesn't attract dirt like the wet lubes (that sounds vaguely kinky).

Life was simpler when Phil Wood Tenacious Oil was the only lube worth using...

Chris

Finally someone interjected science into the wonder lube of the year drama.

I have been using the Lucas ED oil for about six months. Why, because I saw Proctor recommending it, it was on his site when I was buying sights, and it was relatively inexpensive.

Seems to stay put, and work for my use. Haven't taken it to -30 or done any scientific testing.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

I bet that twists some noses in the right bike circles.

Does it give some folks the vapors?
    The only other person I ride with is on here so....nope
    #RESIST

It's no better in the bicycle world....
    Not to go too far off the topic, but oddly, I see the same thing in the RV world.

In the area of wastewater treatment, the number of different products available to drop into your black tank is truely mind boggling.
    Last edited by RJ; 09-13-2015 at 11:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    flashier chin spinach.
    And that wins the internet as far as I'm concerned

User Tag List