Page 11 of 46 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on FireClean weapons oil

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    A quote from Battlefield Las Vegas regarding lubes in a high round count rental range environment. I've only bought a couple bottles of lube in the past 5 years but will probably try Lucas next. I'm currently just borrowing SLiP2000 EWL from friends after they bought BCM uppers.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-rental-range/

Nice to see other writers poaching from ARF (no hate!)

Lucas oil just worked very well for me on a stuck Saker 556 suppressor.
    Last edited by LittleLebowski; 09-14-2015 at 04:19 PM.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm liking the Lucas stuff. I'll update my Training Journal on my experiences with it after my BigSuperAwesomeSuppressorShootingOuting with a certain NFA dealer on here.....
    Uhhhh...details? [emoji6]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin P View Post
    I also read that if using to much it can gum up. Also that if you are using fireclean they do recommend against using another lube.

Didn't fireclean have a label on the bottle that said like 1 year shelf life?
    My bottle, purchased in March, has nothing about an expiration date.

Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I think the freeze frames from the video will be more troublesome for FC/LAV than any of the spectroscopy data. The two explanations are for something like this are 1. intentional or 2. accidental. Neither reflects well on the people behind the video.
    I 100% agree. Considering this video is the basis for LAV endorsing FC, it seems awkward, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil 4 oz. $2.50 / oz. (Brownell's, plus shipping)
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I'm liking the Lucas stuff. I'll update my Training Journal on my experiences with it after my BigSuperAwesomeSuppressorShootingOuting with a certain NFA dealer on here.....
    Hmmmmmm...

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    Hmmmmmm...
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/LUCAS-EXTREM...item3f53a042ed

$2.38/oz SHIPPED for an 8oz.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This forum is better than this.
    I expect it elsewhere, but here...

I am disappoint.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    This forum is better than this.
    I expect it elsewhere, but here...

I am disappoint.

From Tapatalk:
    Jack Leuba
    Knight's Armament Company: Military/Govt Product Liaison
    F2S Consulting: Director of Shooting Stuff
    Yeah, gun oil is serious bidness.............

Jack, I'm honestly curious what you object to in this thread. It seems pretty... mild, to me.
    -C

My blog: The Way of the Multigun

I've used a lot of things over the years on my AR's, to include Slip EWL and recently Fireclean.

One of the issues I had with almost everything was gravity migrating the lube down when the carbine was stored vertically in a rifle mount. Several people on various forms who are currently discussing the Fireclean is Crisco issue mention that the Lucas Extreme Duty oil is thick enough to stay put rather well. And the price of it compared to EWL has my attention.

From this point of view, does anyone have any experience with using the new Slip EWL 30 on a BCG of an AR? The EWL 30 is listed on the Slip web site as being EWL that is just thicker, so as to help it stay put better. Anyone with experience using the EWL 30?
    Last edited by Beat Trash; 09-14-2015 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I've used a lot of things over the years on my AR's, to include Slip EWL and recently Fireclean.

One of the issues I had with almost everything was gravity migrating the lube down when the carbine was stored vertically in a rifle mount. Several people on various forms who are currently discussing the Fireclean is Crisco issue mention that the Lucas Extreme Duty oil is thick enough to stay put rather well. And the price of it compared to EWL has my attention.

From this point of view, does anyone have any experience with using the new Slip EWL 30 on a BCG of an AR? The EWL 30 is listed on the Slip web site as being EWL that is just thicker, so as to help it stay put better. Anyone with experience using the EWL 30?
    Works great and as advertised. It's my first choice (Rand CLP is my second choice)

User Tag List