Page 1 of 46 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on FireClean weapons oil

Interesting article on FireClean weapons oil

I like the stuff fine, myself. However, I'm trying out the Lucas gun oil after positive reports on it from Ernest Langdon and the owner of a machine gun rental range in Las Vegas. Not to mention it costing roughly a third of FireClean.

FireClean

Article
    #RESIST

I like Andrew, the blogger. He's also an Iraq vet and seems to train with Mike Pannone often. His YouTube persona "Rick Taylor, world's greatest tactical trainer" is hilarious.

Thanks for the link, LittleLebowski. I've always enjoyed reading Vuurwapen - it's been reasonable, no-nonsense resource in the actual use and testing of items. His "Performance Under Stress" was a great video too.

As for the Gun Lube Industry offerings, the Lucas Extreme Duty oil is pretty good. I purchased the large bottle when it debuted. It's tackier than other oils, inexpensive, and is somewhat similar to the Wilson Combat grease. For those of us in warmer climates however, I'll posit Slide Glide as the superior product... Lucas Extreme is still an oil and will run out and fling off of a competition or carry gun in my experience. One can't go wrong with MPRO, Weaponshield, FP10, hell, even SLIP.

I'll never know about FireClean, unless I manage to snag a free sample or free bottle.
    When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk. -Tuco
    Today is victory over yourself of yesterday... -Miyamoto Musashi

Honestly this doesn't surprise me. Almost all of the newer non-toxic gun lubricants seem very similar in texture and color as cooking oils.

It would be interesting to test stuff like Rand CLP, Froglube, and all the other non-toxic oils.

guymontag,

Have you tried Lucas Extreme Duty Grease?
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

Interesting, I saw this article causing a small ripple in The Force tonight on another forum.

I read it and it sounded, you know, pretty convincing. But what do I know, a materials scientist I am not.

So the author of this blog, does he have a solid rep on the gunternet?

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post

Extremely good rep. I encourage you to search for and read his articles on muzzle devices.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Extremely good rep. I encourage you to search for and read his articles on muzzle devices.
    Copy. Will do.

I am about out of FC, and was actually out looking for options. Not to turn this into another gun cleaning product debate, but would M-Pro 7 LPX gun oil their 4 ounce spray bottle M-Pro gun cleaner also be good to go?

Interesting, I saw this article causing a small ripple in The Force tonight on another forum.

I read it and it sounded, you know, pretty convincing. But what do I know, a materials scientist I am not.

Yes. He tends to put out good information (though more often than not it seems being a dick on facebook is time consuming enough for him that it's getting in the way of posting actual content); particularly noteworthy are his brass vs. steel ammo test and his 5.56 vs .223 comparison, both done for luckygunner.

Incidentally, his post here is making me rethink the results of a couple 2k round challenges I've done.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Copy. Will do.

I am about out of FC, and was actually out looking for options. Not to turn this into another gun cleaning product debate, but would M-Pro 7 LPX gun oil their 4 ounce spray bottle M-Pro gun cleaner also be good to go?
    Yes on the oil. On the gun cleaner, I always recommend non chlorinated brake cleaner used outside.
    #RESIST

Copy. Will do.

If you come out to WAC for one of the USPSA matches, I'll get you some samples of Lucas Extreme Duty Gun Oil.
    "The rocket worked perfectly, except for landing on the wrong planet." - Wernher Von Braun

http://www.teampegleg.com

User Tag List