Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: Interesting article on FireClean weapons oil

Organic coconut oil.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Paleo approved.
    Which one will you know about first? If a guy is a SEAL, does crossfit, or uses paleo friendly coconut oil on his 1911?

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Which one will you know about first? If a guy is a SEAL, does crossfit, or uses paleo friendly coconut oil on his 1911?
    Whether or not he's from Texas.

Quote Originally Posted by texasaggie2005 View Post
    Whether or not he's from Texas.
    Correct.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    Organic coconut oil.
    Make sure it's Fair Trade

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    A lube that will gum up if I don't apply it "just so" is not something I'm interested in, either.
    I also read that if using to much it can gum up. Also that if you are using fireclean they do recommend against using another lube.

Didn't fireclean have a label on the bottle that said like 1 year shelf life?

Either way I have not really noticed a difference in lubes.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I think the freeze frames from the video will be more troublesome for FC/LAV than any of the spectroscopy data. The two explanations are for something like this are 1. intentional or 2. accidental. Neither reflects well on the people behind the video.

Apologies if already posted, but I think Andrew's 2 year old parody is still relevant, and brings some levity to the subject.

I'm liking the Lucas stuff. I'll update my Training Journal on my experiences with it after my BigSuperAwesomeSuppressorShootingOuting with a certain NFA dealer on here.....
    #RESIST

A quote from Battlefield Las Vegas regarding lubes in a high round count rental range environment. I've only bought a couple bottles of lube in the past 5 years but will probably try Lucas next. I'm currently just borrowing SLiP2000 EWL from friends after they bought BCM uppers.

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...-rental-range/

We’ve had many companies send us samples and we’ve had sales rep’s show up telling us how much better their products is than others. We even had a sales rep actually eat some of his product to demonstrate its safety to us (if my armorers couldn’t tell the difference between lube and gum/dip and accidentally ate some, I don’t think they would be working for me). Some require a whole protocol in order to use it properly and after following the protocol, there was no notable difference that WE noticed as I am not saying their claims weren’t true.

All of the lubes we have ever used worked as long as we continued to lube the weapons. Some lubes lasted longer than others but again… they ALL worked as advertised. My biggest concern is making sure it’s safe for my employees and there are no issues with EPA, OSHA and disposal of the rags with the residue. Slip2000 fit our business model perfectly.

Up until about three weeks ago, the main lube we were using was Slip 2000 and the grease was also made by Slip2000. We had a rep at a local country festival give one of my managers a case of Lucas Gun Oil. The armorers asked if we could use it and I told them to get the MSDS’s for it and make sure the service company didn’t have an issue with cleaning the rags with it. They didn’t and we tried it out. My RSO’s immediately noticed that it wasn’t spraying any “mist” after being lubed. That is huge for use because so many people come dressed really nice (on their way to a dinner or show after) and they could actually put more lube in the gun and keep the weapons “wet” longer. Slip2000 did the least amount of “misting” after lube but the Lucas does even better. My RSO’s like it because there is less chance of getting lube on a customer’s clothes and better chance of getting tipped.

We continue to use the Slip2000 grease on all of the other heavy weapons like the MG42’s, M60’s, 240’s, etc.

The only weapons to get their own special lube are the M134 miniguns. We only use TW-25 on all of our M134’s.

User Tag List