Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pistol-mounted weapon light activation

Pistol-mounted weapon light activation

How do you manipulate the switches on your pistol light of choice? Long weak-hand thumb rolled forward? Flick it with trigger finger? Give up and buy a DG switch or similar?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I use a TLR-1 and I shoot thumbs forward. My weak hand thumb operates the left switch, I usually pressure down on the switch for momentary operation. I prefer the SF X-series switch but alas the issued TLR1 is mandatory.

DG.........

My EDC wears an Inforce APL. I manipulate the switch (firing hand side) with the index finger of my weak hand.

Surefre X400 w/DG Switch on my Colt Rail Gun.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I don't use a WML on my carry gun - which is a Glock 19.

But I do have a handgun dedicated for home defense, and it's a Glock 34 with an x300U and a DG switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay Cunningham View Post
    I don't use a WML on my carry gun - which is a Glock 19.

But I do have a handgun dedicated for home defense, and it's a Glock 34 with an x300U and a DG switch.
    Jay, you thinking about grabbing a xc1 for your 19?

Quote Originally Posted by MD7305 View Post
    I use a TLR-1 and I shoot thumbs forward. My weak hand thumb operates the left switch, I usually pressure down on the switch for momentary operation. I prefer the SF X-series switch but alas the issued TLR1 is mandatory.
    Interesting. I also use my weak hand thumb. We are issued an X300, but I prefer the switch on the TLR-1. Thankfully, we are allowed to switch lights as long as we shoot the low light qual with the new light before carrying it, and that's what I did. I use the TLR-1 just like you described, with the thumb giving downward pressure for a momentary on.

We are issued the DG switch with the X300, and it's optional. I tried it, but found I was activating the light unintentionally at times I definitely did not want the light on. Usually on the draw stroke. What we've seen is those with long fingers tend to just use their thumbs and leave the DG switch off, and those with small hands prefer the DG switch for obvious reasons. The middle ground of "medium" sized hands, is pretty evenly divided.

X300 Ultra, support hand thumb. Anyone who'd consider using their trigger finger scare me.

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Jay, you thinking about grabbing a xc1 for your 19?
    I'd certainly like to check one out.

User Tag List