Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Benelli M2 issue

Quote Originally Posted by P.E. Kelley View Post
    A couple of things.

First the "straightening" is related to the magazine tube. The Guru of the Benelli my friend Kurt Miller built and sold a few jigs to gunsmiths to solve the problem.
    However, that is for guns that shoot well off POA all the time. You may have a heat related issue. Try this..tighten your mag tube nut and then back it off 3 or 4 clicks.
    Repeat your shooting test. Let us know.
    I haven't had a chance to mess with the "bad" Benelli further, although I note it has the OEM extended tube on it. Think I will order the Nordic extension, which I prefer, and then experiment.

I did have a chance to shoot the Benelli M1 Super 90 that lives by the front door of our cabin, loaded with Brenneke slugs. It is the model with open rifle sights. This particular shotgun has sentimental value as it was in the blind with me when I hunted lion. Followed up a lion shot with a .375 with the shotgun in my hands, but it wasn't necessary as the one shot of .375 Trophy Bonded did its thing. I sold the sister shotgun to mine to BOM.

Shot it at 25 yards with Brenneke slugs. Looks like I might need to shave the front sight a smidge.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

My old Benelli M1 with the same sights and brenneke's would do that at 50. As much as we think new is often better and all the ghost rings, etc...in reality those old HK marked M1's with the rifle sights and no accessories on them shot like a house on fire. Sometimes simple works.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

User Tag List