Page 3 of 23 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: HK carbine

As another fanboy....who doesn't have one.... They are really pretty nice guns, and as expensive as they are, HK is not making a mint on them. There is apparently a bunch of typical HK uber anal stuff in them that makes them expensive. I will likely get a MR762 at some point as I am looking to build a SD designated marksman version. This is the same role where the MR556 also makes sense. They are heavy pigs, but they make a good designated marksman rifle and they work really well with the OSS cans.

For a lightwieght build, Centurion Arms CMR rail on a 6920 is a good route. Monty at Centurion just built me a gun with an A1 barrel in a CMR rail and it is simply wonderful and shoots great while super light. Or you could go full nyeti and get an AUG.....
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    BCM enchanced lightweight barrel with a KMR was my choice. It's been superb!

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    BCM enchanced lightweight barrel with a KMR was my choice. It's been superb!
    I have a Noveske Light Recce with a KMR and it's a great rifle/rail combo. That said, looks like BCM will be releasing some additional rail options soon due to issues getting the KMR "special alloy". Read here.... https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....l=1#post349214

If I were looking to purchase AR in the OP's price range, I wouldn't hesitate to buy another SR15. Since purchasing my Mod 2 in January, it's been my recommendation to anyone asking about the best way to spend 2k on an AR variant.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    Or you could go full nyeti and get an AUG.....
    I seriously looked at one back when that thread was active. Almost laid down the plastic, but balked at the last minute.

Any Colt mods would be on a 6720. I seem to have misplaced my 203, and I'm fresh out of grenades, so no need for that heavier M4 barrel. If I could find a NIB 6520, though…

Granted you shouldn't have to on a stock rifle, but re-profiling the MR556 barrel solves all the weight issues and is pretty cheap if you just really want to feed the HK addiction.

They do run very clean too, not that it really matters, but I was amazed how pristine the gun was when I went to clean my MR556 after it's first 1200 rounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    I honestly can't think of any no FA factory options that are also quality offerings.
    That's what I was afraid of.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    That's what I was afraid of.

http://www.noveske.com/collections/r...er-ranch-rifle

Doesn't have a FSB but otherwise meets your criteria.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Robar AR might be a good option.

http://polymar15.robarguns.com

I like the faxon pencil barrels Robar uses just replaced a barrel with a faxon pencil and wow its light and accurate.

I own an MR556, SR15 Mod0, and 16S (no brake). The HK has the most muzzle flip and recoil. The SR15 is the wise choice. My favorite is the HK.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    Okay, you guys are right; an MR556 would be more than a bit extravagant, unless "because HK". And while I am definitely an HK guy, I don't want to go full retard, either.

So how about this? My "dream carbine" would be a 14.5 inch barrel with a pinned/welded flash suppressor to make 16" + an RCH; a skinny, lightweight handguard that isn't all quad rails, etc.; flat top with standard front sight tower; no bloody forward assist if at all possible (and no brass deflector wouldn't hurt my feelings, either); durable, lightweight collapsible stock- four position is sufficient.

Does any reputable producer offer something like that? I'm done with "builds"; if Daniel Defense, Lewis, or any other of the myriad firms producing completed "good" rifles that I don't know about offers such, I'll buy it.

I should probably just get a Ruger and call it a day, but some of these small/light dudeshooters I've seen photos of lately certainly are intriguing…

You should build this ^^^^ rifle - EXACTLY what you want. The key would be don't go cheap - you may look for parts on sale but buy quality. with good quality, in spec parts most if not all your issues will go away.

User Tag List