Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Grail Gun comes home...

My God I didn't notice those round butt grips in the picture the first time through; grimacing as I was over the refinish. I love the looks of a beat up blued revolver.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Site Supporter
    Congratulations on your 27. There is something about N frames and 1911 government models. They just feel good in your hand. "Heavy, but heavy is good!" Kind of way. I just showed a 27 to buddie. His quote was that "this gun says the guy carriying it is serious, as in he's not fucking around"

Congrats on a very beautiful Smith!! A 3 1/2" 27 is high on my grail gun list too.

Quote Originally Posted by nyeti View Post
    You are officially in the club. Most don't realize it, but once you get a 3.5" 27, you sort of step up to a different level of gun person. Just holding them in your hand takes you to a different place that no polymer gun can. And just remember, as we learned in WWII, that will send a round through a Japanese helmet with the Japanese soldier still in it......good information to know. You will get tons of style points at the round up. I will have several there for you to drool over, and hopefully, my Barranti Sloan holsters will be done by then.
    Got an EP River Belt and Threepersons Border Stamped for the 5-in. for an article on the 27-2 a decade ago. It'll be cheesy, but don't like idea of submitting this baby to Kydex.

Still getting goodies for the elk/bear hunt after y'all's class so may not have time
    /dough to add Magna's and bright aluminum Tyler's. Pachmayrs will reduce style points but don't wanna bang up these purty Goncalos...
    L
    Gettin Taux Up about this trip which combines several bucket list items.
    Last edited by coldcase1984; 09-09-2015 at 11:06 PM.

Far Upper Midwest. Lower Midwest When I Absolutely Have To
    Wow. "Nice" just doesnt do it justice.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Mm-hm. *nods*

My 3.5" 27-2 is probably my favorite gun, were I forced to pick one.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Mm-hm. *nods*

Nice to have you back in the revolver section. A lot has happened........
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Mm-hm. *nods*

So if you had to choose one revolver for use, favorite or not, would it be the 3.5" M27 or your 4" M19?

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Every DS in my area that's in my price range looks like it's been used to pan for gold.
    In these cases, good mechanical condition but cosmetically ruined, is there a Go To outfit for re-bluing?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

How much are 3.5" 27-2s going for these days if you don't mind me asking? That's pretty much the only gun that I want that I don't already own.

I have a mildly modified 4" 27-2 from some PPC guy, but there's just something about snubbys. If I was carrying one for real I think I'd go for a 4" (same applies to 19/66), but the snubbies are just soooo cool.

User Tag List