Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: DAO pistols

DAO pistols

After shooting pistols for many years both in training and competition I have noticed I have an affinity for DA revolvers. The long smooth pull just works for me and I have been focusing on revolver shooting for my competitive needs.

I have a DA/SA pistol that I carry for lightness, capacity, firepower and reloading speed. But I've been wondering about a DA only pistol. More of a traditional DAO pistol along the lines of a Smith 5943 or something similar. I've tried Glocks, several times but just left frustrated, I score much better with a revolver, DA/SA or SAO. I don't like the M&P line. I haven't tried a VP-9 yet but I want to stay with as much a revolver like trigger as possible for carry safety.

What else is there?

Thanks

Buy a Beretta 92D, install Wilson Combat's new trigger bar with 12# mainspring and you're in business...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kahrs. Shot my MK9 just this weekend, incredible DAO trigger.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    Kahrs. Shot my MK9 just this weekend, incredible DAO trigger.
    I though Kahr's were stirker fired?

Site Supporter
    I kinda like the Sig DAK pistols.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    They are, but feature a long, trigger-cocking stroke quite similar to that of a DA revolver or the 3rd gen S&W "DAO" pistols. Its actually quite a decent trigger, but is totally different from most other semi-auto ignition systems, which can lead to "training scars", etc., etc. This is why I didn't keep my two (P45, PM9). Both were excellent guns in their own right- yeah, I know Kahr's QC record isn't the greatest, but mine were fine- however, to me the Kahr action is very much like the HK staple gun (P7) in that it is a unique critter, and mixing it up with other carry guns can cause a brain-fade when you least need one.

YMMV, of course…

If you're interested in a polymer gun, the Sig P250 has an excellent DAO trigger. Significantly lighter and smoother than a DAK or DA/SA Sig or HK. Lots of options in terms of size and caliber. Uses the same grip modules as the more popular striker-fired P320 and may even share holsters, not certain. Some of the really early ones had some extraction issues but recent guns are said to be solid.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    You're absolutely right, they are, I stand corrected. The trigger action is like a perfect DAO though.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

92D Centurion. I've been having this one since 1997.

JR1572

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Just out of curiosity, why not carry a revolver?

User Tag List