Page 49 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3947484950515999149 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    If you want to tell kids to stay off your lawn, ask yourself, and what happens then? The little shits tell you to go fuck yourself, that's what. And what happens then? You get into it with a kid or their parents. Video ends up on the news because the little shits record everything. You end up on the news or talking to LEOs...
    That and your house is now labeled as a target of opportunity for them and all their little buddies. Word will spread in and amongst their friends and classmates that the guy is a cop, he's a "dick", and he's easy to get wound up so let's go fuck with him in our free time.
    Last edited by Shellback; 02-23-2017 at 10:54 AM. Reason: Thpelling.

Frozen paintballs when they're not looking?
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Vending Machine Operator
    Don't mess with teenagers, man. They're mean, they don't understand consequences, and society protects them like delicate flowers.

I have the exact same reaction as Liz Lemon in 30 Rock when I see teenagers on the street. Hiss "YOUTHS," pull my jacket over my face, and cross the street.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by octagon View Post
    Identify himself and if the kid continues to struggle or attempts another hit the officer does a quick aggressive take down and holds the kid pinned to the ground while calling police and advising others to stay back and/or call the police as well...
    Identify himself how? Do you mean by presenting a badge or identification? Or do you mean simply stating he's a police officer? From the video it doesn't appear that he shows any type of ID.

The kid's side is the officer called a girl a cunt, for walking on the grass, and he was sticking up for the girl... Not saying that's right or not. Side note, kid's stepfather is an officer as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post
    Identify himself how? Do you mean by presenting a badge or identification? Or do you mean simply stating he's a police officer? From the video it doesn't appear that he shows any type of ID.

The kid's side is the officer called a girl a cunt, for walking on the grass, and he was sticking up for the girl... Not saying that's right or not. Side note, kid's stepfather is an officer as well.
    There's a recipe for tragic consequences.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Shellback View Post

Yes in my hypothetical situation I meant identify himself verbally as presenting an ID would be difficult. In the actual situation it sounds like he identified himself to the kid also verbally but the kid didn't believe it which sounds like the kid is saying that for camera purposes but I could be wrong. To present a visual ID I suppose the officer could have a belt worn badge and clear his cover garment to display that or a neck worn badge and remove it from under his shirt with his free hand before he drew but both may not be or have been options.

Edit: I just read and watched the second (closer) video of the incident included in the link Shellback posted. It sure seems as though the incident was some how related or started over walking on or damaging the officers grass/lawn. If that is the case it sure makes the officer look very bad and he should be held responsible for his initiation and escalation of the incident. However we are still only getting partial information mostly from one side of the involved parties so I'll hold my judgement primarily to how bad it looks and sounds so far.
    Last edited by octagon; 02-23-2017 at 02:08 PM. Reason: Add comment after watching second video

Yes in my hypothetical situation I meant identify himself verbally as presenting an ID would be difficult. In the actual situation it sounds like he identified himself to the kid also verbally but the kid didn't believe it which sounds like the kid is saying that for camera purposes but I could be wrong. To present a visual ID I suppose the officer could have a belt worn badge and clear his cover garment to display that or a neck worn badge and remove it from under his shirt with his free hand before he drew but both may not be or have been options.
    Personally, I would think presenting an ID, or having one at the ready, prior to interjecting oneself into a hypothetical argument amongst teenagers would be wise. It obviously wasn't a life or death "oh shit!" type of situation and could've possibly prevented the escalation. Just spitballing...

The problem I see is any wingnut can verbally identify themselves as the police. If that were my child, and they resisted a complete stranger dressed in street clothes, I certainly wouldn't admonish them for their actions.

ETA - Below.

Once he is assaulted by multiple subjects (visible on camera) and with said subjects being not much smaller than he is I don't have an issue with drawing the weapon...
    Conversely, some guy claiming to be a police officer is assaulting their friend for something they perceive as trivial, they try to intervene and help him, the off duty officer realizes he's getting in over his head and draws his gun, resulting in an ND.

Definitely 2 sides and I'm just thinking out loud after digesting your post more. Either way, STAY OFF THE GRASS!!!
    Last edited by Shellback; 02-23-2017 at 02:33 PM.

Side by side video with more of what led up to the ND.

Good points Shellback. Along those same lines he could have and should have continued to advise others to stay away,stop resisting and call the police I/we will wait here. That helps to clarify the situation and give credence to his likely being a police officer and him holding the kid for authorities even without visual ID present. His overall actions,demeanor and appearance as well as if he responded from his residence or has in the past would lead reasonable people(if any were in the county that day) to believe this wasn't likely a kidnapping or assault on the kid but he could have and should have done a lot more to help clarify that. Add that to the fact he often was only using 1 hand and he could have presented a badge. He missed multiple chances to present a better overall appearance of reasonableness to anyone nearby and de-escalate or gain better control well before a gun was brought into the situation visibly.

I can understand him wanting to get back to his property and not let the kid go but that looks bad and is bad from several perspectives and if he ever planned on waiting for the police he should have just stayed put in the closest place he could to where the initial contact took place or where he could get the kid under control. My guess is that he spoke with a kid or kids while on his property and as things progressed the kid(s) walked or ran away as they insulted or assaulted him and it went from there to where the video started. That is a personal wild ass guess.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, F U C K de-escalation.

He's got a gun in his hand and he's walking around, two taser deployments do not work and what happens next? Nearly worst case scenario.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List