Page 48 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3846474849505898148 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jca1386 View Post
    Bridgeport cancelled.....natives complained to the mayor who coincidentally was re elected after his time in prison. Can't make this shit up

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Sounds like Bridgeport!

I just love the lengths people will go to in order to deny reality. Bad stuff will still keep happening in their towns but they won't see it or know about it......
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    I just love the lengths people will go to in order to deny reality. Bad stuff will still keep happening in their towns but they won't see it or know about it......
    If we acknowledge it occurs then we might be responsible to help change it
    Last edited by iWander; 02-18-2017 at 06:14 PM.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    It we acknowledge it occurs then we might be responsible to help change it
    Don't know if you guys knew this, but it's your fault. If you would just stop it with the po-leese brutality, maybe gangsters wouldn't have to shoot each other over turf wars and baby mama drama. I mean, duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Ohsheepdog View Post
    If we acknowledge it occurs then we might be responsible to help change it
    Or at the very least, be prepared to deal with it....
    • It's not the odds, it's the stakes.
    • If you aren't dry practicing every week, you're not serious.....
    • "Tache-Psyche Effect - a polite way of saying 'You suck.' " - GG

Here's an unusual one involving an off-duty officer that is making the rounds. Seems like a possible ND during a scuffle after drawing offhand from an AIWB holster.

Backstory can be found here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/o...juveniles.html

"I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Site Supporter
    If you choose to put yourself in that position as an off duty officer, does that counsel for always carrying pair of cuffs, cuffing and grounding the "detainee" as well as carrying some OC to have the ability to back some folks up before drawing the weapon?

R/S

DB
    Last edited by vcdgrips; 02-22-2017 at 08:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    Here's an unusual one involving an off-duty officer that is making the rounds. Seems like a possible ND during a scuffle after drawing offhand from an AIWB holster.

Backstory can be found here: http://www.ocregister.com/articles/o...juveniles.html

Well, I can't figure out how to edit my original post, but here is an updated article with better video angles. It looks pretty clearly like an ND. When the officer reaches to drag the suspect over the bushes he has the pistol in his offhand and it goes off. It looks like he used the same hand holding the pistol to grab the suspect's pants. When he gripped the clothing the gun fired. He did not appear to be aiming the pistol at anything in particular.

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/off-dut...-teens-7918977
    Last edited by Doug MacRay; 02-22-2017 at 09:16 PM.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    Here's an unusual one involving an off-duty officer that is making the rounds.
    I'll just address the wisdom of getting into an argument with kids. A friend's wife once said that we should really be able to out think our kids, it's just that we're often tired, worn down, etc. If you want to tell kids to stay off your lawn, ask yourself, and what happens then? The little shits tell you to go fuck yourself, that's what. And what happens then? You get into it with a kid or their parents. Video ends up on the news because the little shits record everything. You end up on the news or talking to LEOs. However, if you bite your tongue and go to the garden store, lots of thorny plants will do the job for you.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Here again we need more info to reliably determine what happened other than what does look like a ND in poor choices situation by the off duty officer. Early in the video there is comments between the kid being held and the off duty about each being struck and the off duty commenting on how the kid said something to the effect of shooting the officer. More discussion on the kid saying the off duty officer identified himself but the kid doesn't believe it(that seemed like comments for the visible cameras) In the comment there is discussion on it appearing like the off duty stepped in to assist a girl who was being harassed or having her backpack taken by the kid being held( I didn't see or hear anything at all that backs this up but it is possible) Depending on what actually took place before the cameras started or what they captured could change the reasonableness of the off duty officers actions but so far it doesn't seem to look or sound like a good decision. Once he is assaulted by multiple subjects (visible on camera) and with said subjects being not much smaller than he is I don't have an issue with drawing the weapon. His draw however appeared cumbersome and with sympathetic muscle contraction something that should be well known and he should be aware of through basic training levels he really shouldn't have continued with holding the kid and his weapon. With 20/20 hindsight regardless of what happened before he should have let it go but who knows how things escalated and what transpired to possibly force his intervention.

There may have been a more serious assault and only 1 or 2 kids present at the time with more appearing and getting involved later. It may have been just over trespassing on grass with a bunch of kids already present. We'll eventually find out more but it is too late for the protest have already began and the court of public opinion has already convened.

Based on what is visible in the video I think it likely would have been better if the off duty intervened in some real crime(assault not walking on grass) and the kid hit him. The response should have been more aggressive quicker to prevent the planning and escalation by his friends and video coverage of it. For example the kids hits and the officer grabs onto him. Identify himself and if the kid continues to struggle or attempts another hit the officer does a quick aggressive take down and holds the kid pinned to the ground while calling police and advising others to stay back and/or call the police as well. This very likely would not be on video but could be articulated continuously until the comments were and the start of any video would be him holding a kid on the ground saying he was a LEO and to call police and stay back. Looks and sounds better than what we have here and less risk of group assault and escalation to guns. Again this is 20/20 hindsight based on limited facts and conjecture which will likely change with more info. If this was over something minor like grass damage or trespassing it should have been ignored or dealt with more adult like as Hambo addressed.

On the subject of restraints off duty. I used to carry a set of HD nylon restraints that were like a loop of 550 cord with a sinching mechanism in the middle. These weighed about an ounce or less and fit in a pocket like a shoelace. I never planned on using them for restraint unless the extremely rare circumstances would have allowed it with assistance. Better to have them just in case but few circumstances where they would be reasonable to use. I no longer carry them as the focus of my actions in retirement has made it even less likely to ever be reasonable but they are cheap.lightweight very easy to carry and very small package that may work if someone is looking for a possible solution to off duty restraints.

User Tag List