Page 44 of 374 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494144 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by psalms144.1 View Post
    I just HAVE to know the back story on this. What was the call? Why did the deputy jump the fence into the yard? What was all the random noise throughout, and what was the deputy doing, waiting for the shooter to return?

And, I will NOT judge someone else's actions under fire, but, DAMN, son! Luck (and bad shit head shooting) is the only reason that deputy made it out that day.
    Original call was for a welfare check.

Here's a transcript of the highlights composed by someone else

"OK, for those like me with short attention spans, here are some approximate time markers/call summary notes:

01:00 minute mark: Deputy jumps locked property entry gate
    04:41: knock on property door, "Hello..." (no ID as po-po) dogs bark
    05:13: Deputy again starts calling, "Hello..." (no ID as po-po) dogs continue barking
    06:25: deputy begins knocking on doors/windows
    06:56: can hear footsteps, deputy knocks again at another location
    07:22: more knocks on property walls/doors
    08:35: deputy runs GA/plate of Toyo Tacoma in driveway
    09:28: suspect vehicle arrives in view of patrol car ICV, visibly armed, surveys empty patrol car
    09:59: deputy radio traffic; aforementioned vehicle in driveway, no one answering door
    - simultaneously, suspect opens entry gate to property
    10:25: suspect in view of ICV walking around patrol car
    10:50: suspect pulls his truck inside of property, exits his truck, and fires two (2) rounds at the patrol car."
    - deputy hears shots and yells off camera, "Whoah! Sheriff's Office! Sheriff's Office!"
    11:04: deputy broadcasts, "Shots fired," off camera.
    Female passenger can be seen exiting passenger side of suspect truck
    11:07: deputy again calls out, "Sheriff's Office!"
    11:29: suspect closes and LOCKS property entry gate
    11:53: suspect leads female passenger back to the truck, drives into property and out of ICV view
    12:00: deputy says, "Sheriff's Office," and truck approach can be heard on deputy's portable mic
    12:07: deputy yells *unintelligible*
    12:10: deputy yells, "Put it down, put it down! Please! Put it down!"
    12:14: deputy yells, "No! No!"
    - 1 shot heard, 2nd shot one second after
    12:30: deputy back in ICV view running towards patrol car, but without his patrol jacket on
    12:35: suspect now in ICV view running after deputy down driveway towards patrol car
    12:45: deputy clears climbing over gate, out of camera presumably at rear of patrol car
    12:49: deputy yells, "Please, please don't do it!"
    12:50: suspect arrives at entry gate and begins to fire upon the deputy
    12:51: deputy returns fire and suspect clutches RT side with LFT hand, appears to have taken a round, then takes cover behind the gatepost
    12:56 after a volley of fire (suspect fires 2 more times, deputy fires once after inital exchange), suspect disengages and runs back up the driveway and out of view of the ICV
    13:00: deputy broadcasts, "I'm hit!"
    13:14: deputy is back in vehicle, backs out of driveway
    13:22: deputy is back onto the roadway and drives away (following all traffic laws)
    14:45: deputy has now controlled breathing enough and calmed down enough to broadcast that he is shot, suspect hit at least one time
    15:20: deputy broadcasted, "I think I was just grazed."
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Hands guys, hands, it ain't a joke.
    Assuming the suspect had a gun and shot officer 1. Aside from the whole why did they allow a suspect to keep his hands in his pockets (DGF how cold it is), but is first aid not something that is taught at Academy? Officer #2 seemed like he had no clue what was happening.

Skip to around 4:20 (har har) and watch from there.

https://vimeo.com/197215943

Few things I noticed:

zero confirmation of contact down / not a threat anymore
    zero attempt to disarm the contact in the immediate future (this is a priority btw)
    one officer runs after a possible victim or another possible shooter (no sound so difficult to tell if they were shooting at each other).
    90% of the responding officers on scene did nothing and therefore should not have arrived - yes I know its an assist, but do something
    crime scene tape? can they not afford it?
    medical treatment? why bother right?

lastly - zero hesitation from the officers that pulled up, guns out, used vehicle as cover and put bullets on the threat immediately, good stuff.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    Assuming the suspect had a gun and shot officer 1. Aside from the whole why did they allow a suspect to keep his hands in his pockets (DGF how cold it is), but is first aid not something that is taught at Academy? Officer #2 seemed like he had no clue what was happening.
    To me, as I stated, it looked like the officer #2, who originally had the guy stopped was either brand spanking new or his adrenaline spike was so serious he forgot what to do.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    To me, as I stated, it looked like the officer #2, who originally had the guy stopped was either brand spanking new or his adrenaline spike was so serious he forgot what to do.
    New or adrenaline spike are both scary as crap. I though that selection and training was supposed to weed out as best as possible the deer in the headlights folks. I know we aren't talking SMU level screening and training here, but that kind if reaction can't be allowed to happen when real people are bleeding.

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post
    Original call was for a welfare check.

Here's a transcript of the highlights composed by someone else
    Sounds like if you have to plead, you should be shooting.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

Quote Originally Posted by TAZ View Post
    New or adrenaline spike are both scary as crap. I though that selection and training was supposed to weed out as best as possible the deer in the headlights folks. I know we aren't talking SMU level screening and training here, but that kind if reaction can't be allowed to happen when real people are bleeding.
    This is probably a topic worthy of its own thread, but honestly what else do we expect from modern academies and modern police training? It is the best* - asterisk is for lowest common denominator of training to meet state or city mandated requirements set forth by who? Paper pushing top brass who have not worked the street in decades and are as out of touch from street/patrol work as they are believe street/patrol workers are with "administrative functions" and my favorite bullshit phrase - "the bigger picture" of policing.

That younger officer failed the moment he stepped foot into that academy because the instructors at that academy failed the moment they took that position to teach that bullshit. Their supervisors failed the moment they agreed/signed off on that training and everyone above them failed for not allowed competency in training evolution.

The simple fact is that what worked 30 years ago may still work, but newer methods and newer concepts have been developed to allow for, in some areas of street/patrol work, to be radically different.

I have personally experienced both sides of this coin and that is why I seek out and find new types of training and point out shortcomings whenever possible, especially to LE. If we do not seek to evolve, we are setting our younger counterparts to a brutal awakening. But that is what goes on daily in LE training facilities in this country.

Do some try to change it? Yeah, totally, most of the time with good intentions but piss poor executions. People throw out the term "budget" as if that will help that officer get medical attention or, provide TQ's for the victims of the Boston Marathon bombing. All of a sudden budgets change to accommodate deficiencies experienced , funny how that seems to work...
    VDMSR.com

Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    What a charming individual.

Fighting in a stairwell is never fun. Those ASP strikes aren't going to have much power behind them when you can't wind up your arm without hitting a wall. Similarly, deploying spray in a confined stairwell when you're below the target doesn't seem like a very good idea either. They are very lucky he didn't have a gun or the desire to use it. The suspect could have fired either through the gate or the window and had them dead to rights before they could have made it back down the stairs to cover. That was a tense video.
    "I need your help. I can't tell you what it is, you can never ask me about it later, and we're gonna hurt some people."

VDMSR.com

User Tag List