Page 71 of 374 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381121171 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    I think we're on the same page. Did the officer state that he smelt marijuana? I also agree if he was impaired in anyway he shouldn't of had a firearm on him, period. Pretty sure that would get anyone's ccw revoked
    Google yielded this quote, which seems to posted on numerous outlets...

“I thought, I was gonna die,” Officer Jeronimo Yanez told investigators from the Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension fifteen hours after the shooting. “And I thought if he’s, if he has the, the guts and the audacity to smoke marijuana in front of the five-year-old girl and risk her lungs and risk her life by giving her secondhand smoke and the front seat passenger doing the same thing then what, what care does he give about me. And, I let off the rounds and then after the rounds were off, the little girl was screaming.”
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug MacRay View Post
    Video from a few weeks ago showing UK Police officers and bystanders facing off with a man holding a knife and slashing at those who get close enough. The first officer had both taser hits fail to subdue the attacker and was on the defensive until backup arrived. This video shows how vulnerable unarmed (firearm) police can be when their less-lethal options fail. Someone with enough clothing on or with some sort of improvised taser-prong armor (like road atlases or other thick paper wrapped around their torso) could be free to stab and slash their way through a crowd until an armed responder showed up or until they were overpowered. Luckily this guy didn't really seem to know what he was doing with the knife.

The site of seeing a uniformed LEO run away after a failed taser deployment from less than ten feet away is unnerving.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    Thank you. Every time I see one of my left wing friends scream about how "they should have just Tasered him" I am just going to post that video w/o commentary

"They accept the risk when they sign up" is the typical response.

When people have a profound disconnect with the reality of violence, it takes a personal experience to "right" their mind.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    The site of seeing a uniformed LEO run away after a failed taser deployment from less than ten feet away is unnerving.
    As a profession, LE has become too dependent on the Taser. Ive seen tasers fail way too many times to have any faith in them...hell, Ive never used mine outside of training. Frankly I don't like them...at all...and only carry one when I am on the motor. When in the cruiser I always get out with my SL-20.

Quote Originally Posted by John Hearne View Post
    When you get THC results back, you are provided with different numbers. One will reflect long term use and will stay in the system for several months. The level of this number will tell you how heavy of a user they are. The other numbers tell you whether the person could have been high at the time. The problem is that the active intoxicant disappears from the test results BEFORE the intoxicating effect goes away.

According to this story: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2911866 Castile and his girlfriend had smoked before the car stop. To me, the odds are that he was stoned when he interacted with the officer and was shot. Marjijuana is an intoxicant - that's why people use it. It impairs judgement just like alcohol. Most of us wouldn't carry a gun while drunk and wouldn't be surprised if a drunk struggled to follow the commands of an officer. I'm not sure how Castile's case is any different. I have little sympathy for someone who gets stoned while riding around with his four year old daughter to begin with. While the impairment from marijuana is not as extreme as alcohol, it still reflects incredibly poor, selfish judgement.
    I agree with this. Why on earth are you smoking and carrying? Just because you may legally smoke, does not mean you can mix them. The federal laws are pretty clear on marijuana/firearms.

I have zero issues with smoking. I do not, and not just because I get drug tested through work. It is just not my cup of tea. But I have personally seen how it can help when used correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KeeFus View Post
    As a profession, LE has become too dependent on the Taser. Ive seen tasers fail way too many times to have any faith in them...hell, Ive never used mine outside of training. Frankly I don't like them...at all...and only carry one when I am on the motor. When in the cruiser I always get out with my SL-20.
    I agree. When it works, it works well.

When it doesn't work, and when you really need it that's the moment it won't work, you've got to be ready for a fight.
    VDMSR.com

Everything we do or use has strengths and weaknesses. It’s up to our ability to understand the circumstances and apply the right tools and tactics. Our profession tends to take shortcuts. Yelling “Taser Taser” and firing a couple of cartridges at a stationary cardboard target only takes people to a “base” manipulation level. Tasers have a lot of variables (ie., suspect countermeasures, distance, moving target vs stationary, two projectiles/trajectory, target areas, disconnect factors, FFD issues, etc) to consider and factor into the decision making of how and when to deploy it. If I shoot with my pistol at an immediate lethal threat and it doesn’t have the desired effect, is my pistol now ineffective? OC, impact weapons, and taser all have worked and not worked for me. I still carry them on my belt (due to policy as well) because I want options and hopefully have the presence of mind to deploy them effectively in a dynamic environment.

Full video of the balitmore shootout I posted about a few pages back. Lots of different angles.

#1 issue I see is barrier penetration, or lack there of. Guy was in a glass windowed bus - just putting that out there.
    #2 good TQ application.
    #3 needs better communication and learning how to L-Shape would have probably solved this fairly quickly.
    VDMSR.com

Action starts around 7:30 mark.

They do not show the LEO's being shot other than the shooter shooting.

Lots of lessons to learn here.

VDMSR.com

User Tag List