Page 98 of 373 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108148198 ... LastLast

Thread: LE UOF Video thread

When you go on autopilot you either know what you are going to do or you don't.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post

Christ, somebody spring for some better dash-cameras for that department.

Second, the hell did I just watch? My observation is that he just went full mag-dump, even though the threat was neutralized. Not good if so.

Got an article for that incident?
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Good stomp. Bullshit that the court ruled the family could sue the officer.

#RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by HCountyGuy View Post

Second, the hell did I just watch? My observation is that he just went full mag-dump, even though the threat was neutralized. Not good if so.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...101-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    Good stomp. Bullshit that the court ruled the family could sue the officer.
    He needs an expert witness to get on the stand and to say that he was not mentally in control of his actions.

He was likely in the 180+ Heart BPM range, with all the adrenaline in the world crashing down on his thought process, hence the stutter steps. In the video it's easy to say that it's excessive it looks excessive, but the fact of the matter is that he had a single goal in his mind and that is to make sure this POS was dead as dirt before he went and tried to save his coworker.

Would it have been excessive force if he reloaded and did a "dead check" on the guy's face? How about if he reloaded and continued to dump a mag? Excessive?

To me, this wasn't excessive, as he was not in control. He was on auto pilot, training would have made sure he took the correct actions and did not have that stutter step/cognitive dissonance moment trying to figure out what he needed to do.
    VDMSR.com
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/l...101-story.html

He needs an expert witness to get on the stand and to say that he was not mentally in control of his actions.

He was likely in the 180+ Heart BPM range, with all the adrenaline in the world crashing down on his thought process, hence the stutter steps. In the video it's easy to say that it's excessive it looks excessive, but the fact of the matter is that he had a single goal in his mind and that is to make sure this POS was dead as dirt before he went and tried to save his coworker.

Would it have been excessive force if he reloaded and did a "dead check" on the guy's face? How about if he reloaded and continued to dump a mag? Excessive?

To me, this wasn't excessive, as he was not in control. He was on auto pilot, training would have made sure he took the correct actions and did not have that stutter step/cognitive dissonance moment trying to figure out what he needed to do.
    Has some similarities to an OIS from my home area, which I'm sure I posted here. The difference being the officer from my area reloaded and continued sending the hate, which to me was a tad iffy in the incident.

This incident I totally get it, but sadly the court of public (uninformed) opinion has a drastically different outlook.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Has some similarities to an OIS from my home area, which I'm sure I posted here. The difference being the officer from my area reloaded and continued sending the hate, which to me was a tad iffy in the incident.

This incident I totally get it, but sadly the court of public (uninformed) opinion has a drastically different outlook.
    Which is why these things are not determined in the court of public opinion.

Thankfully.
    VDMSR.com

If you can't see the subject's hands, we really don't know the threat is over. Camera angles do weird stuff. I'm personally aware of an LSP hostage incident many years ago where the hostage taker, armed with an AR-15, make the mistake of walking out, separating himself from the hostages. He was shot when he tried to go back inside. A TV camera captured a long lens video of LSP moving on the downed subject and firing into him on the ground. From a distance, it looked like a move up and make sure he's dead thing. What the camera didn't capture was the still living subject with a gun in his hand trying to shoot the troopers. A completely legal event that looked like an execution from a long lens TV camera.

Las Vegas Metro has been busy this year...

Press Conference:

Last edited by KevH; 11-25-2017 at 02:19 AM.

Well, he sure had more than enough opportunity to comply...

Quote Originally Posted by KevH View Post
    Las Vegas Metro has been busy this year...

Press Conference:

Man... shooting the hostage...

This is one of these exceedingly rare times where a close range, well timed, headshot would have been the best course of action, especially since the BG wasn't pointing guns are the officers.
    VDMSR.com

User Tag List