Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: WHO/SHO - thumb position?

Quote Originally Posted by Clobbersauras View Post
    I have no idea where the 10th round went on the top target.
    Looks like two doubles to me.

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    Looks like two doubles to me.

Agreed on double double. Looking at the consistency between the two and outliers on each, I would say for this session, the thumb down was better. Next session, alternate positions / cards after each shot. This may prevent being warmed up after the first card or alternately fatigued. Evaluate over a number of sessions. I also think you could switch to a 3x3 Post-It. Either way, good shooting that is solid.
    Taking a break from social media.

I would figure out what works better for recoil control and practice that in dry fire until the sights don't move. Verify in live fire, if there are issues rinse and repeat. 10k trigger presses later you should be good to go (not being a dick, trying to be helpful). CCT125US' method, your #2 method, or Defoor's method should work well.

You could also try this method:

https://youtu.be/45QhpvY9LZc?t=24s

Thanks for the feedback guys. I thought that I had one double in the first card, I didn't consider that I might have two!

I'll continue to focus on WHO/SHO in dry fire and at the range. Some of my DOTW performances today confirm I need more work. Based on what I saw today, I think I'll continue to play with it for a bit. 2" dots would have been a much better targets instead of the cards, but they were the smallest targets I had today.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 09-07-2015 at 09:35 PM.

I run thumb up.

Mike Seeklander teaches thumb up and gun vertical, not canted inboard. Took me a while to buy into it, but the results couldn't be argued, not for me anyway.

Site Supporter
    Thumbs down for me, and I shoot my 1911 that way 😎

Sent from my VS876 using Tapatalk

I use my thumb down similar to what Kyle Defoor shows. I used to keep my thumb up and maintain the same gun hand grip as with shooting two handed. It took some time getting use to the thumb down but I see the benefits for me. My groups are basically the same with thumb up or down, however my front sight recovers quicker and I can drive the gun from one target to another better.

Thumbs up here, slight cant in the gun but not crazy at 45 degrees. Shooting an HK45 with thumbs touching the gun I've found I activate the decocker while shooting, so my thumbs are subconsciously conditioned to stay the hell off the frame at all times.
    Semper Gumby, Always Flexible

User Tag List