Page 758 of 821 FirstFirst ... 258658708748756757758759760768808 ... LastLast
Results 7,571 to 7,580 of 8205

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I was watching Tour De France: Unchained on Netflix yesterday. It follows the teams and riders in the 2022 Tour De France. It kept me entertained and enthralled watching it. The episode on the cobblestone stage was wild. Some of the wreck footage is horrific in both injuries and taking riders who weren’t involved out of that stage. I haven’t finished it yet. I recommend it.
    I am about the same place in it. Clearly made by the same people who did Drive to Survive, with some embellished controversy, but some of the on-bike footage is amazing. As a former competitive cyclist I really like it, but hope it translates well to casual viewers as well.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Quote Originally Posted by DC_P View Post
    I am about the same place in it. Clearly made by the same people who did Drive to Survive, with some embellished controversy, but some of the on-bike footage is amazing. As a former competitive cyclist I really like it, but hope it translates well to casual viewers as well.
    I’m a casual rider along with a lot of Peloton indoor riding. It translated well for me.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Younger Offspring and I watched a double-bill of "John Wick" and "Extraction". The boy preferred "Wick" for the slickness; I preferred "Extraction" for the grittiness and the (relatively speaking) better character development.

Good time was had by both of us.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

finished binge watching Lucifer recently. first 4 seasons I thought were great. season 5 felt weak, and season 6 seemed rushed to get to the ending. I also kind of expected... more... from the last episode or so, like I wanted more of the 2 leads together in their final place (trying not to spoiler things, so sorry if that all sounds vague.)
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Reality (HBO) - A movie that uses the word-for-word transcript of Reality Winner's initial FBI interview for its dialogue. Sounded an awful lot like a transcript of an 80-minute law enforcement interview, and if I weren't already familiar with her story, many of the details would have gone over my head.

I guess if you want to see what happens to someone who isn't Hillary, Trump, or Petraeus when they mishandle classified information, knock yourself out. Otherwise, you can safely pass.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Evil Dead Rise dropped on Max. It was a revival of the Evil Dead series. It was a piece of crap. Maybe if you are a 12 year old special effects fan for fake blood, it was good.

Totally lacked the bizarre humor and acting of Bruce Campbell as Ash - which made the original movies fun.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

I enjoyed the first season of Ted Lasso, tolerated the second, and gave up on the third.

I don't think I've mentioned this before, so:

Tex Mex Motors is the exact same show as Car Masters: Rust to Riches Exactly the same, just with different actors.

Personally, I didn't feel the need to keep watching past the first episode.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Evil Dead Rise dropped on Max. It was a revival of the Evil Dead series. It was a piece of crap. Maybe if you are a 12 year old special effects fan for fake blood, it was good.

Totally lacked the bizarre humor and acting of Bruce Campbell as Ash - which made the original movies fun.
    I was literally just queuing this up and multitasking, browsing the forum. I do need to see it myself, but I don’t have high hopes.

Extraction 2.
    Meh.
    Ugly spoiler rant follows.
    The first one had a certain murderous charm and plausibility provided by Hemsworth's sheer size and physicality. The camera work was inventive and the Indian setting was different enough to matter.
    And the best part was that he DIED accomplishing his mission which was, mainly, to get killed.
    Except he didn't.
    So he whips himself back into Supersoldier Olympic shape in six weeks(after 9 months of being dead, comatose, in rehab, and lounging around drinking beer...utilizing Rocky's training routine and montage for Drago, no less) and spearheads a billion dollar NPC army to rescue a generic Eastern European Mafia zipperhead's wife from prison and fighting his NPC army across a generic European countryside, causing billions in property damage and hundreds of collateral casualties to spring a drug dealer's slut and her shithead pimply tween son(and the requisite big eyed little girl) so she can go into DEA WitSec.
    Uh huh.
    The movie simply won't end. it's over 2 hours long with 30 minutes worth of(lame)story. There are four climaxes Maybe five, I may have fast forwarded past one.
    Endless action scene. Fast forward. It's still going on. Fast forward. He's wounded again. Wait-wasn't he just shot, stabbed and/or clubbed there like 10 minutes ago? Fast forward. Yawnworthy "character growth" and insipid dialogue. FF. Fuck, it's still going on. FF. Oh for fuck's sake.
    It's yet another Russo Marvel movie only with Captain Australia and the Iranian Black Widow.

User Tag List