Page 756 of 820 FirstFirst ... 256656706746754755756757758766806 ... LastLast
Results 7,551 to 7,560 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Finished The Diplomat, and am really looking forward to the next season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    It took me partway into the second episode for me to realize it was on purpose.
    I didn't realize Pulp Fiction was a comedy until I watched it a second time...

Site Supporter
    I'm trying to watch the second Avatar. To me it is a total cliched bore with stunning graphics. Evil colonial forces and cliches USMC nasties. Wonderful aboriginal folks who tune into cliched Mother Nature. Boring plot as the goodies fight the baddies.

It might be more realistic in this future world, if it was PLAN taking over Pandora, LOL.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Arnold (Netflix) - A three-episode miniseries on Schwarzenegger in Schwarzenegger's own words. Each episode is one hour long and they focus on bodybuilding, acting, and politician-ing respectively.

Felt superficial, honestly. Each episode would have had to have been three hours long for the full conversation on that chapter of his life. And I like the guy, but they really glossed over some of his major fuck-ups.

It's a fun trip down memory lane, and if you didn't know much about him, it's a good place to start - I think his story is pretty inspiring. But if you've been following him for any non-zero length of time, you're not going to find much here you weren't already familiar with.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

My wife and I watched A Knock at the Cabin tonight. It started kind of slow, and I did my usual whining, but it picked up quickly. We’re going to give this Two Snaps and a Thumbs Up.

Name:  IMG_6306.jpg
Views: 204
Size:  7.3 KB

We also watched Cold in July last night. Great acting, and an interesting plot! We’ve seen it a few times, but it never gets old!

Thoroughly enjoying Banshee on Prime/Cinemax. 3 season series with practically every crime group covered. Amish, Native American, Ukrainian mobsters, prison gangs, bikers and Nazi’s. Whoever casts the female talent is a genius and deserves multiple chefs kisses, as does the love scene writer. Creative fight and shooting scenes. The overall premise of the series takes some serious suspension of disbelief skills, but it is quite entertaining.
    Last edited by FNFAN; 06-12-2023 at 09:27 AM.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I'm trying to watch the second Avatar. To me it is a total cliched bore with stunning graphics. Evil colonial forces and cliches USMC nasties. Wonderful aboriginal folks who tune into cliched Mother Nature. Boring plot as the goodies fight the baddies.

It might be more realistic in this future world, if it was PLAN taking over Pandora, LOL.
    That was my impression of it from the trailers. It's what you'd expect when Camron whines about the first one not being WOKE enough.

Site Supporter
    "Stars on Mars"
    Name:  Stars.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  14.2 KB

Oh my! OK, first of all let's talk about the word "Star" If Kathy Griffin is on the "D" list, these folks are a few letters down from her. The only two I recognized (and that took a while) were Ronda Rousey and Lance Armstrong.
    One of the younger "Stars" (Ariel Winter) confused Lance Armstrong with Neal Armstrong.

They compete in several, vaguely space related, challenges, then vote off one contestant each week.

And then we've got Shatner. SIGH! There's more ham on this show than you'd find on a pig farm. I finished the first episode last Monday. Havent made up my mind about tonight.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-12-2023 at 03:30 PM.

"Stars on Mars"
    Name:  Stars.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  14.2 KB

Oh my! OK, first of all let's talk about the word "Star" If Kathy Griffin is on the "D" list, these folks are a few letters down from her. The only two I recognized (and that took a while) were Ronda Rousey and Lance Armstrong.
    One of the younger "Stars" (Ariel Winter) confused Lance Armstrong with Neal Armstrong.

They compete in several, vaguely space related, challenges, then vote off on contestant each week.

And then we've got Shatner. SIGH! There's more ham on this show than you'd find on a pig farm. I finished the first episode last Monday. Havent made up my mind about tonight.
    Guerrera and I also watched the first episode. The Armstrong/Armstrong thing had us rolling. We may watch the second episode in the train-wreck spirit of "Oh my; We can't look away."

(FYI, we asked the Offspring if they know who Lance Armstrong one. Our pre-vet daughter said, "Is he the first guy to walk on the moon! (sees our faces, sees Lance's face) Waitaminute, can I take that back?")
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

That was my impression of it from the trailers. It's what you'd expect when Camron whines about the first one not being WOKE enough.
    I was a huge Cameron fan when I saw Avatar.
    While I was watching I kept thinking "This is the Eco-Warrior I hate America version of Dances With Wolves fanfic written by a 16 year old hippie chick."
    Dammit, Jim!

Site Supporter
    I finally finished it. It got worse. The plot was cliched, predictable and stupid. The humans were cliches and the moon's inhabitants also cliches mooning about the great Mother and bonding with the fishes and whale analogs. While the Marines were bad guys, they certainly couldn't shoot their way out of a paper bag.

A totally predictable hostage, cliffhanger, trapped underwater set of supposed suspenseful incidents.

So the graphics were awesome, a few tens of years ago, I went to a graphics convention in LA where they had the Pixar guy introduce the first level of such graphics. It was amazing and it is but a waste on such plot.

I don't doubt that exploitation might play out like that given the evil of humanity but it was just too much.
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

User Tag List