Page 744 of 820 FirstFirst ... 244644694734742743744745746754794 ... LastLast
Results 7,431 to 7,440 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

A Dark Song

Horror/Occult 2016
    A woman, Sophia, is driven to the edge of madness seeking vengeance after her young son is kidnapped and murdered.
    She searches out an Occult practitioner, Solomon, to guide her in an attempt at a grueling, months-long ritual to achieve her revenge by magic. The ritual is all in, one way out-you succeed or you die, damned.
    This is a serious, unnerving and very thoughtful look at obsession, hate fueled sacrifice, the weight of guilt and psychic endurance.
    Based on an "actual" summoning ritual(The Abramalin Ritual) to demand a favor from a demon or an angel, depending on who shows up first. This spell forms the framework of the story as Sophia goes through the esoteric steps of purification, focus, mortification, abandoning the world and stepping out of reality. It is a harrowing process of fasting, sleep deprivation, endless recitation, repeated exposure to cold and wet(she'd breeze through NSW Hell Week by the end) that lasts for weeks...and fails. So she starts over and seasons pass. Months go by and reality begins to warp.
    The preparations, studies and lore illustrated as Solomon guides Sophia adds a sense of weight and ominous depth to the chilling task they attempt.
    There are no jump scares, just a very slow transition from cold reality into an eerie, isolated and frightening state of being.
    Very creepy, with a chilling, atmospheric soundtrack.
    Last edited by feudist; 03-19-2023 at 02:00 AM.

Site Supporter
    Watched SNL - usually I think it is stupid and the last one was mostly stupid except for the Waffle House sketch, that was really funny! Very realisitic!
    Cloud Yeller of the Boomer Age

True Lies tv show

Really bad.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Thanks @feudist.
    I watch A Dark Song last evening. Well made and told. Obviously beyond Hollywood's capabilities these days...

We just started Quantum Leap.
    the 1989 series, not the abortion of a remake.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

The Greatest Beer Run Ever

Good flick

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Finished The Recruit.
    First episode was OK, next couple were kind of flakey, but then it became OK. Good enough to watch while I cleaned off the workbench looking for the Dillon 223 conversion I couldn't find....
    I started The Recruit over the weekend.

Saw a few other posts in the thread that didn't care for the lack of CIA-realism. Fortunately I'm not expecting my entertainment to also be accurate in that department, so I've been enjoying it. Once you stop expecting them to get every detail correct, the entertainment factor of the situations and their resolution goes way up.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

CBS SEAL Team

Had low expectations as most SEAL stuff is awful. This is pretty good. Brings to light the difficulties people in this line of work have in maintaining families and relationships back home. Also touches on many SEAL's coming from troubled pasts as in broke homes, weird family's, etc. Seems to have some real deal advisors as well:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SEAL_Team_(TV_series)

Almost through the first season via Amazon Prime.

Site Supporter
    Binged Luther S4 and S5 to be caught up for the movie.

The TV shows were better but the Movie was worth the 130 Min commitment. Schenck (sp?) steals more than one scene as well as Luther's long suffering boss.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Site Supporter
    Watching the Netflix Lost in Space. Halfway through the 1st season and I’m pretty impressed. Seems pretty well written. Just a smidge of cultural influence (mom’s the badass engineer hero with all the answers and dads the screwup. Very obvious efforts to avoid whitewashing the character selections. Minority daughter with two white parents is a 18yr old doctor-athlete and the white daughter is a needy bookworm. Etc. Overall miles better than The Recruit mentioned above) but nothing I'm unwilling to put up with for decent plot. Camera work and CG effects are very good. Wonderful sci-fi world creation.

Just digging it!!

User Tag List