Page 737 of 819 FirstFirst ... 237637687727735736737738739747787 ... LastLast
Results 7,361 to 7,370 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    I would advise buying a physical copy before it becomes "unavailable" due to "outdated cultural depictions" (as was the warning when we watched Airplane! on HBO).
    They're putting warnings on Gilligan's Island now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Rotten Tomatoes has a usually-accurate list of where things can be streamed online - on the "where to watch" of whatever you're looking up.
    JustWatch is a very good app that does this, as well. Create an account, tell it what services you have, and it'll show you where you can stream, rent, or buy things.

MGM+ Original Series

Most of their movies are already available on Prime.

SAS: Rogue Heroes
    An account of the founding of the SAS. A very Hollywood version of the story for younger audiences with a hard rock soundtrack and flashy visual style. Every single bad boy maverick genius trope from Kelly's Heroes to The Dirty Dozen. Everyone is wild and crazy. Men are selected based on their record for insubordination and drunken violence. Perhaps unintentionally, it portrays the very amateurish beginnings of the unit and the likelihood that it was a British deception operation never intended to be particularly successful. Too arch for my taste.
    It does have one accurate film device: there are a couple of sentries killed with knives. It's not quick and painless. Or particularly quiet.

Billy the Kid
    Young Guns minus a talented cast.

From.
    I watched this trainwreck so that you don't have to. You're welcome.
    A small town is filled with people who are trapped there because the roads in and out bring you right back into town. You can enter but you can't leave. People end up here from roads all over the country, with no rhyme or reason.Then at sundown, vampires(apparently) come out to eat.
    A riff on Lost and Carnival of Souls, the series goes big on glaring plot holes, sloppy continuity, characters that are essentially NPCs portrayed by weak actors spouting lame dialogue and behaving like characters in a college play.
    It has every mistake known to TV. A penetrating thigh wound sustained in an auto crash? stitch it up and tomorrow you're on a crutch and 2 days later the story has moved on.
    Beloved husband and father murdered horrifically and found in pieces by his son? Dangit! No time for that in our rapid paced story...but we kinda need those characters, so let's just bring it up as needed for some emoting. Glock hammers are cocked, and they morph between Glock, Beretta and 1911.
    Is it magic/quantum mechanics/purgatory? Don't care.

Finished The Recruit.
    First episode was OK, next couple were kind of flakey, but then it became OK. Good enough to watch while I cleaned off the workbench looking for the Dillon 223 conversion I couldn't find that was actually in the drawer where it was supposed to be where I looked first and probably had gone back and double checked ten times. At least I figured out that a dead mouse is what has been smelling like a dead mouse...

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Vengeance on Amazon Prime was worth the time I spent watching it. 81%/86% on Rotten Tomatoes.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 02-06-2023 at 03:10 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Clarkson' Farm season 2 is out on Amazon. Almost no canned inanity this time around - the walking calamity that is Jeremy Clarkson doesn't really need any embellishment to be an amusing spectacle.

This season dips a little further into some of the ridiculous regulations that farmers in the UK have to deal with - farmers lost a major government subsidy there and are having to diversify their earnings in communities that generally hate change and fight it every step of the way. While some of the bureaucratic nonsense gets a little fatiguing, the show still manages to be fun most of the time and I still learned a number of things about farming from the world's least likely farming advocate.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

All of Us Are Dead

Netflix Korean zombie horror series. 12 episodes.
    A zombie series primarily set in a high school where the outbreak unfolds after the release of a deliberately engineered virus. The show is 100% committed to its premise and unflinching in the depiction of terrified high school kids dying horribly.
    A really good cast elevates the familiar zombie tropes and the series plays off of everyones knowledge of movie zombies. They do a very good job of having a mix of characters who are capable of being selfless-sometimes- and those who are so frightened that they are cowards-sometimes. A couple of kids are unflinchingly heroic, and a couple others are realizing that the apocalypse is the bestest thing ever. Trapped in the school without water or food, slowly realizing that no one is coming to rescue them, and being bitten or torn apart one by one, they begin to give in to despair, panic and psychosis.
    The Koreans are Wrongthinkers about Strong Womyn, because none of the girls can go toe-to-toe with a zombie. Instead they rely on quick thinking and teamwork,although there is one from the Archery Team who is coolly deadly with her "race"bow. Watching her and a teammate drop charging zombies with unnerving calm is entertaining.
    The Koreans seem to hold their institutions in even more contempt than Americans do, with politicians, school faculty, the military and their obsessive achievement culture(college or die) getting roasted.
    The insidiousness of Social Media is well done, with idiots venturing into the outbreak for "likes and subscribes", video pranksters trying to cause panics on subways, spittle spraying denials and conspiracy theorists...so, Thursday on the Internet.
    There are some cultural things that are a little vague and headscratchy, there's an irrelevant slapstick subplot involving a couple of feckless cops, and the series lasts about 4 episodes too long, but overall it's quite well done.

Site Supporter
    I watched that when we still had Netflix, good show. The Koreans do good zombies! Last Train to Busan! They also had a medieval zombie show set in Korea that was great. Then there was the weird one where giant monsters appeared and drag someone to Hell for no discernible reason in modern times. 5 shot J frames didn't cut it.

Those shows and the Last of Us demonstrate how the Walking Dead universe fell apart.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I watched that when we still had Netflix, good show. The Koreans do good zombies! Last Train to Busan! They also had a medieval zombie show set in Korea that was great. Then there was the weird one where giant monsters appeared and drag someone to Hell for no discernible reason in modern times. 5 shot J frames didn't cut it.

Those shows and the Last of Us demonstrate how the Walking Dead universe fell apart.

Kingdom: Ashin of the North
    is a prequel stand alone movie about the origin of the outbreak. It has some serious darkness in story.

I couldn’t tell you the name of the show but my wife’s been watching it. It’s celebrities and former sport people going through a special operations “selection” process. I saw the were doing the CS gas exposure in a conex box. It was comic gold for a former Chemical Agent Instructor. People completely psyching themselves out before going in the house with Mike Piazza completely panicking inside trying to get out resulting in the instructor taking him down. A couple were studs and did it great. I’ll try to find the name of the show
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

User Tag List