Page 722 of 819 FirstFirst ... 222622672712720721722723724732772 ... LastLast
Results 7,211 to 7,220 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just saw this charming Irish short:

" La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

We're about to watch the last episode of mash in the next couple of days. The somewhat hilarious part is, we've also been watching deep space nine concurrently, then Rosalind chow, who played Mrs O'Brien in the latter, plays in the last two episodes of the former.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

stupid speak-n-spell. I'd edit my prior but it's been too long. Chao, not chow.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

[QUOTE=UNK;1424520]Documentary of a non profit anti human trafficking operation conceived of and led by a former Federal LEO who wanted to go where the US govt couldnt go. Excellent show I think many here will enjoy it. They have a website where you can buy branded merch and/or make donations

https://ourstore.com/collections/survivor-supported
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Just finished watching the first season of The Peripheral, and it absolutely slapped. Best sci-fi on TV since The Expanse, and really nails the vibe and tempo of Gibson's storytelling.

Good pacing, beautifully shot, outstanding acting: Highly recommend.
    I watched the first two episodes on this recommendation (I loved the Expanse, and sci-fi in general). Really liked it. I'm all in.

Site Supporter
    Let the Right One In - based on the movie

Lesson - don't go H2H with a 12 year old vampire girl. You may think you have the drop on her with your Glock or AR. You don't.

Site Supporter

Best Christmas story

The Gospel of Luke (Amazon Prime/FreeVee) Gripping portrayal of the Christmas story. I've watched this since it's Netflix debut- to Prime- to FreeVee. Along with The Gospel of Matthew (Amazon Prime/FreeVee) I think it poignantly and accurately portrays what first-century Christians believed.

Fleabag

Amazon Prime. Complete 2 season limited series of twelve 30 minute episodes.
    An unnamed young woman without a filter, who narrates the story through the 4th wall, navigates her lonely and empty life in London.
    Superficially a-quite funny-comedy it actually explores isolation, self destructive and sabotaging behavior, grief and unbearable guilt.
    Extremely well written, it develops a cast of characters that evolve, sometimes, and devolve other times, who sometimes reveal their deepest feelings through wrong-footing and comic exposition.
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge stars and adapted this from her play portraying a walled off, sarcastic and too-smart-for-her-own-good woman succumbing to despair. Failing to recover and move on from the recent tragic death of her best friend , she is engaged in driving away the very limited support she has from her family and anyone who shows any interest in helping her. Pretending to have no fucks to give, she tries to cope through random, inappropriate sex with man-boy partners, petty thievery from people who anger her, and being as edgy as possible all the time.
    Script, cast and direction are first rate, with some very clever concepts and payoffs, including a simple cinematic metaphor done with the 4th wall that I've never seen before that has enormous impact.
    Unexpected and recommended.

Site Supporter
    Watched the finale of this season's White Lotus, entertaining show of corrupt and self indulgent rich folks in wacky scenarios.

Tactical lessons for PF. If you intend to kill someone, don't wander away from your man purse with your little chromed Beretta, such that the intended victim can then kill you all with it. Second, if you jump overboard, go feet first and don't land your head on something. Third, the nice hooker just wants your money. She doesn't love you.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Amazon Prime. Complete 2 season limited series of twelve 30 minute episodes.
    An unnamed young woman without a filter, who narrates the story through the 4th wall, navigates her lonely and empty life in London.
    Superficially a-quite funny-comedy it actually explores isolation, self destructive and sabotaging behavior, grief and unbearable guilt.
    Extremely well written, it develops a cast of characters that evolve, sometimes, and devolve other times, who sometimes reveal their deepest feelings through wrong-footing and comic exposition.
    Phoebe Waller-Bridge stars and adapted this from her play portraying a walled off, sarcastic and too-smart-for-her-own-good woman succumbing to despair. Failing to recover and move on from the recent tragic death of her best friend , she is engaged in driving away the very limited support she has from her family and anyone who shows any interest in helping her. Pretending to have no fucks to give, she tries to cope through random, inappropriate sex with man-boy partners, petty thievery from people who anger her, and being as edgy as possible all the time.
    Script, cast and direction are first rate, with some very clever concepts and payoffs, including a simple cinematic metaphor done with the 4th wall that I've never seen before that has enormous impact.
    Unexpected and recommended.
    What is Fleabag?

User Tag List