Page 721 of 819 FirstFirst ... 221621671711719720721722723731771 ... LastLast
Results 7,201 to 7,210 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Working my way thru NYPD Blue. In season 3.

So many actors did guest spots on that show.

As a Midwesterner, it is still cool to watch a TV show from the city visited a number of times and recognize things you’ve seen from your visits. A bit corny I know.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Just finished watching the first season of The Peripheral, and it absolutely slapped. Best sci-fi on TV since The Expanse, and really nails the vibe and tempo of Gibson's storytelling.

Good pacing, beautifully shot, outstanding acting: Highly recommend.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Site Supporter
    Watched the first episode of the Winchesters, a prequel to Supernatural. Doesn't work for me. The usual bad acting and plot.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The most recent season of "The Crown" seems roughly on par with the earlier seasons. I was a little distracted because The High Sparrow is now Prince Philip and McNulty is now Prince Charles (I had no idea Dominic West was actually English). I'd like to see the series move the timeline into the present era, but apparently this is the second to last season.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by TOTS View Post
    I just watched the first episode and it looks like a good way to spend the next week of hotel-room time-killing. What’s the best vehicle to watch all the seasons? I’m not wanting to pay $20 per season on Amazon. Any way to stream it?

ETA: I found the first episode free on Roku tv.
    You're probably best off just getting a subscription to HBO Max for a month. That way you could see every season (plus a whole lot more!).
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    You're probably best off just getting a subscription to HBO Max for a month. That way you could see every season (plus a whole lot more!).
    Strike Back isn’t available on HBO Max. I’m not sure why, but only a handful of Cinemax shows are available on the platform. You can get Banshee and Warrior (both fun shows) but not Strike Back.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by WobblyPossum View Post
    Strike Back isn’t available on HBO Max. I’m not sure why, but only a handful of Cinemax shows are available on the platform. You can get Banshee and Warrior (both fun shows) but not Strike Back.
    Huh. That's surprising; you're right (surprising that it's not on HBO Max, not surprising that you're right). I just did a quick search, and it seems that you can only stream Strike Back on Amazon, Google, or iTunes.
    ― Ennius

"Confess, Fletch"

I was a fan of the old "Fletch" novels, having read four of five of them back in the late 80's (and having seen Chevy Chase's two "Fletch" movies), so I was curious what "Confess, Fletch" would be like. I thought Jon Hamm played a respectable Fletch (which surprised me), and both my wife and I found the story entertaining. The plot moved along, and Fletch still had a boatload of his smarmy one-liners. Definitely worth my time.
    ― Ennius

Documentary of a non profit anti human trafficking operation conceived of and led by a former Federal LEO who wanted to go where the US govt couldnt go. Excellent show I think many here will enjoy it. They have a website where you can buy branded merch and/or make donations

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta..._dp_share_cu_r

Officer Downe a cop who lives to take down criminals and is recreated everytime hes killed. Based on a comic book.
    His weapon of choice is a double barreled revolver that has a cylinder and magazine fed. I really want one and a case of ammo.

First Love a “Japanese Yakaza noir tinged film blending genres”

I pretty much despise everything mainstream hollywood I give all three 5 ⭐️
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Bullet Train

Action comedy about a number of overclocked assassins boarding a Japanese bullet train for assorted baroque reasons, all working at cross purposes.
    Fuckery and mayhem ensue. Picture Guy Ritchie directing a John Wick movie written by someone else and working under total Hollywood studio hack control.
    Brad Pitt is a hoot playing an operative returning to work from emotional therapy(the New Agey horseshit kind) reluctantly caught up in this free-for-all. An excellent cast portrays goofball characters chewing the scenery.
    Funnier than it is clever, and replaces the shocking brutality of Ritchie with improbable action movie fight tropes and a Hollywood stunt climax. Very uneven in tone, with Pitt playing comic relief and most of the other characters portrayed as comic book murderers.
    Too cute by half.
    7/10.

User Tag List