Page 718 of 819 FirstFirst ... 218618668708716717718719720728768818 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,180 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Weird: The Al Yankovic story was not what I expected. For some reason going into it I thought that it was going to be a documentary. It is not. Overall it wasn't too bad, but it's not going to dethrone UHF as the best Weird Al movie.

I'm only one episode into SAS Rogue Heroes and it seems watchable so far, though the inclusion of modern rock music for part of the soundtrack of a series about WWII in N. Africa was a little out-of-place.

I watched The Outfit on Amazon. Mark Rylance was good, everybody else was not. Gun turnoff: BG pulls a stainless Taurus 85 in a story set in 1956. I won't spoil the ending, but it sucks. Unless you're desperate, give it a pass.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by CleverNickname View Post
    Weird: The Al Yankovic story was not what I expected. For some reason going into it I thought that it was going to be a documentary. It is not. Overall it wasn't too bad, but it's not going to dethrone UHF as the best Weird Al movie.

I'm only one episode into SAS Rogue Heroes and it seems watchable so far, though the inclusion of modern rock music for part of the soundtrack of a series about WWII in N. Africa was a little out-of-place.
    Have not seen it myself yet but like you I was under the impression it was going to be his life story

Quote Originally Posted by ccmdfd View Post
    Have not seen it myself yet but like you I was under the impression it was going to be his life story
    It is, sort of.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’d agree on the loose adaptation aspect. It’s been years since I read the book or watched the 1979 film. Paul isn’t even an artist? Come on!

I’m rewatching the 1979 movie now.
    The 1979 version of All Quiet on the Western Front with Richard Thomas as Paul and Ernest Borgnine as Kat is truly lot better than the new Netflix version. It’s not even close. The story is fleshed out and there aren’t confusing jumps in time. I’d say watch the new version to see it but watch the 1979 movie to see a better story.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Guys! I just watched Arcane. Honestly need to thank everyone who recommended it! Never would have watched it otherwise and would have definitely missed out. It’s amazing in a way that little out there is right now. And I don’t game or even really like Sci Fi all that much. World building is amazing and the writing is excellent. I honestly don’t even know how to keep discussing it.

Whats next?

Dirty War

2004 BBC, on Amazon and HBO Plus.
    By-the-numbers pseudo documentary story about an Islamic dirty bomb attack on London.
    Fascinating as it follows the plot of the conspirators, its serendipitous detection by Scotland Yard, and the increasingly desperate efforts to rescue those trapped in the Hot Zone and stop the secondary device.
    Quite appalling as the magnitude of the decontamination required dwarfs and overwhelms any realistic preparation, forcing Fire and Police to make horrifying choices.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Reboot is a Hulu sitcom about Hulu rebooting a 2000's-era sitcom. Lots of play off the collision between old-school and young-woke, as well as the general dysfunction of people in Hollywood. Takes about four episodes to get rolling, but it's pretty funny once it does.
    I've been thinking about giving that a go recently. I'm just so tired of all the reboots and rehashed plots, superhero movies, etc. but it sounds like it's kind of poking fun at itself so maybe I'll try it. I've heard good things elsewhere about it too.

Site Supporter
    Let the Right One in.

A series of a dad trying to keep his 12 year old (in body) vampire daughter alive. Based on the two movies. Pretty good. On Showtime.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Watch the Sound with Mark Ronson (Apple TV) - An Academy and Grammy-award winning producer takes a look at some of the techniques and technologies used to construct sounds in music. Can be a little pretentious periodically, but there's some neat stuff in here. For instance, the Capitol Records Building in LA has chambers built underneath the parking lot where music is played out and re-recorded to create reverb. Lots of talk with musicians and some history of the art and technology.

Fun watch if you like music.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List