Page 714 of 819 FirstFirst ... 214614664704712713714715716724764814 ... LastLast
Results 7,131 to 7,140 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Band of Brothers. I think I can safely leave the "did you like it?" part unanswered.
    Are we supposed to know if you liked it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Are we supposed to know if you liked it?
    Doesn’t LL preemptively ban anyone who wouldn’t like Band of Brothers? If he doesn’t, he should.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Doesn’t LL preemptively ban anyone who wouldn’t like Band of Brothers? If he doesn’t, he should.
    OK, I didn't get the memo.

I've never seen it, so I better get on that before the ban hammer comes down upon me!

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    OK, I didn't get the memo.

I've never seen it, so I better get on that before the ban hammer comes down upon me!
    Burn the witch!
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    White Lotus on HBO. The most obnoxious set of affluent people ever to walk the Earth at an Hawaiian resort. It's like a traffic accident, hooked on it. However, the young wife is making the show worth watching.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Escape from Kabul (HBO) - A documentary of the airlift out of Kabul. Tough to watch - as bad as I knew it was, seeing it from selfie footage and GoPros was shocking.

The focus is mostly on refugees and a group of Marines that arrived to help organize the evacuation, but it does give some screen time to the Taliban, and that was almost enough for me to turn it off (I didn't feel like the documentary was doing anything other than recording views from all sides, I just have no interest in hearing what the head of their suicide bomber division thinks about anything). Seeing what US and coalition personnel did to pull out 124,000 people was genuinely amazing, but it mostly just left me angry that any of the work and sacrifice was necessary.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

For All Mankind

Apple Plus, 3 seasons.
    Alternate history telling of the Space Race where the USSR beats us to the moon, thereby extending and militarizing the program. The series captures the excitement, wonder and dream of space travel and it's very cool to see all the Apollo era Saturn rockets screaming into space. Each season jumps a decade ahead so we follow the establishment of a permanent Moonbase, Lunar mining and the race to Mars.
    The showrunner is Ronald Moore, of Star Trek:TNG and the Battlestar Galactica reboot, so it has his trademark cinematic sweep.
    In the background, U.S. history plays out somewhat differently(For example, the Soviet moon landing causes Teddy Kennedy to postpone his Chappaquiddick vacation, thus he ends up President after Nixon, and the USSR putting a woman on the Moon early pushes the U.S. to allow female Astronauts in 1970) so there are some nifty "What ifs".

A good cast, some very well drawn characters and some riveting action make this show a winner IMO. There's at least one more season greenlit.

So my wife was watching a movie and she says you’re missing a really good movie. It was Dog. I’d never seen it so I started watching it too. I missed the beginning but Lulu the Malinois had just been picked up. There were some typical working dog quirks that I laughed at because I’ve seen them. I really enjoyed watching it and I’d rate it as outstanding overall. Man heals dog Dog heals man.

My wife told me I’d missed some cute Malinois puppy pics at the start so she replayed it. The song playing was haunting for a former handler. “Oh how lucky can one man get” Dang dust in the air. Anyways watch this movie. I give it four paws.

Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    So my wife was watching a movie and she says you’re missing a really good movie. It was Dog.
    I saw it on a flight back from Italy, annoying my neighbors by laughing out loud when he's sprinting through the hotel pretending to be blind. Great movie.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    So my wife was watching a movie and she says you’re missing a really good movie. It was Dog.

Anyways watch this movie. I give it four paws.

Added to my Amazon Prime watch list.

🐶 www.amazon.com/dp/B09T9XTH8V/
    Yippee ki-yay

User Tag List