Page 712 of 812 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Gutfeld! on Fox has become the number one late night show.

If you watch Gutfeld! for a week, it will become regular viewing.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Medieval : a complete turd. More of the modern typical cinematic trope of medieval people living in a dirty, colorless world locked in perpetual December. The plot and pacing are a complete slog. Watch grass grow instead.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    "First time?" certainly applies to both.

Saying David Attenborough has lots of nature documentaries is like saying S&W has lots of revolvers.

Chris
    Im behind the curve on watching stuff on the tube for sure. My biggest category is “continue watching” because most movies or series I just cant sit through. I really like the “other movies like this” feature when I find something I do like.

For those of you that have it Does Apple have better selections than Netflix or Amazon? Or is there a prefered choice for watching movies? At one time I signed up for one of the movie channels, cant remember what it was, but I only kept it for a short time because it only had a few movies I was interested in.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    For those of you that have it Does Apple have better selections than Netflix or Amazon? Or is there a prefered choice for watching movies? At one time I signed up for one of the movie channels, cant remember what it was, but I only kept it for a short time because it only had a few movies I was interested in.
    No one service is consistently better than the others. The only two I keep around permanently is Netlix and Amazon (mainly because it's part of Prime). The others, I subscribe to when there's something to watch, then cancel until the next item of interest comes around.

A lot of this is due to the Balkanization of streaming services. Now that everyone has a service of their own, all of the pre-existing content is spread amongst them.

To be honest, I might start doing that with Netflix. They're getting kind of weak too.

Chris

We went to see the 3D Jaws in theaters yesterday. It was surprisingly well done.

ETA, they aren’t doing themselves any favors by calling it Jaws 3D..:O

Just watched the latest episode of The Grand Tour (A Scandi Flick). I haven't laughed so hard in ages. Unbelievable trek through Norway, Sweden, and Finland. Some of their most insane stunts. Plenty of accidents.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Four episodes in to The Sandman. Dark, weird, and wonderful. Can be hokey periodically, but nothing that doesn't fit the premise. The source material has been on my list of "to read" for years, so I can't comment on the quality of the adaptation, but if you enjoy jet-black fantasy, Netflix did a good job with this one.
    I'm a huge fan of the original graphic novels, so obviously I had to watch the series. It's... okay. Takes some liberties with the source material, then again the source material can be a bit tricky to put into film. The chap they selected for the role of Dream could be replaced with a piece of 2x4, fortunately some of the support characters make up for it.

My biggest gripe with the series is that someone vomited woke all over it. Just stupid, ridiculous changes that make no sense: bunch of multiethnic folks walking around in medieval England. John Constantine is turned into Joanna Constantine, so that the episode with the junkie girlfriend can be shown without any icky heterosexual relationship stuff. Of course, John Constantine is a cross-over character so that makes no sense. White and/or heterosexual or non-sexual characters changed into ethnic and/or gay ones, for no particular reason. Sometimes it doesn't really matter, sometimes it fucks with the story in stupid ways. The asshole rapist author is now a champion of minority rights and the whole rape angle is severely downplayed. That might make what happens to him in the end seem crueler than in the original story? My biggest gripe though: Death is now played by a black woman. That messes with the whole Death as a perky goth girl thing that was part of the charm of the original graphic novels, while the rest of the Endless remain white. They could have easily switched one of the others but nooooo, they had to fuck with the character of Death. That really pisses me off.

Sick of most hollywood modern movies and actors. Tonite I retreated to Dogs of War.

I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Andor

Prequel to Rogue One tells the story of how Cas Andor came to be an operative for the Resistance.

The first 3 episodes were slow, but promising. A shocking act of violence(for a Disney Star Wars character) set the hook for me.

Other firsts: an implied sex scene, readable text in a message and a very cynical, and worldly Empire functionary who's not malicious.

Here's hoping they don't screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Sick of most hollywood modern movies and actors. Tonite I retreated to Dogs of War.

I feel you.

The last two I watched were Bullit and Dirty Harry.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

User Tag List