Page 711 of 819 FirstFirst ... 211611661701709710711712713721761811 ... LastLast
Results 7,101 to 7,110 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

"The Gambler" (1974) with James Caan. I enjoyed it. 4 out of 5 stars.

Site Supporter
    Moonfall - HBO MAX
    Name:  Moonfall.jpg
Views: 275
Size:  12.0 KB

The premise is that the Moon is a megastructure built by ancient aliens. It is attacked by a hostile AI that intends to crash it into the Earth in order to destroy both the benevolent operating system of the moon and the human race.
    My gosh it just goes on and on and on. Scenes that should last 30 seconds drag on for 5 or 10 minutes. It's just one loud and flashy disaster after another. Physics doesn't seem to apply in their world as the action would be impossible in this one. "Sharknado" is more scientifically accurate.
    You've got better things to do with you time.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Dark fever dream of hatred, part Conan(by way of Howard-not the movies), part Beowulf, part Hamlet.
    All hallucinatory nightmare.
    The most evocative Norse mythological imagery I've ever seen, from shrieking Valkyries and grim Norns to Berserker fury.
    Unapologetic and horrific.
    My dad, who I think has watched every shite low-budget viking movie available on streaming in his old crippled boredom, said the Northman was boooooooring as fuck and he couldn't make it through.

Nothing in your description directly contradicts that. Worth a watch or not?
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    My dad, who I think has watched every shite low-budget viking movie available on streaming in his old crippled boredom, said the Northman was boooooooring as fuck and he couldn't make it through.

Nothing in your description directly contradicts that. Worth a watch or not?
    It's not an action movie, although it has a lot of violence. It's murder violence.
    It is Hamlet, the original legend that Shakespeare adapted, with the emphasis on revenge, atmosphere and the Norse mindset.
    Men transform themselves into wolves mentally and bite their prey. A wife is sacrificed after her husband is killed and sings to her death.
    There's a lot of "Wow", "Holy..." and "Jesu...er, Odin!"
    I enjoyed it.

Site Supporter
    Went and saw Bullet Train. It was a fun kind of turn your brain off and look at the action and nice set design with a few pretty good laughs and decent dialogue scattered in it kind of movie. I don’t think it’s a have to see it at the theater movie, but it’s worth a watch.

Netflix Ballad of Buster Scruggs several short stories in one movie

Amazon Hummingbirds David Attenborough

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta..._dp_share_cu_r

Ballad was worth the watch. Ill probably watch it again at some point
    Hummingbirds was nice if you google David Attenborough he has lots of nature documentaries
    Last edited by UNK; 09-11-2022 at 09:17 AM.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    Went and saw Bullet Train. It was a fun kind of turn your brain off and look at the action and nice set design with a few pretty good laughs and decent dialogue scattered in it kind of movie. I don’t think it’s a have to see it at the theater movie, but it’s worth a watch.
    We had a pretty good time watching that movie at a movie brewhouse. Couple of margaritas and food brought to your seat make any movie much better LOL. The movie was way over the top and obviously unrealistic but probably wouldn't have been as entertaining if it wasn't. Seems like the market has been saturated with action films and it's hard to impress anymore with fight scenes and special effects that have gone way beyond believability. We recently watched Nope at the same theater. Definitely needed margaritas to get through that one LOL.

We just happened to watch The Lie on Amazon Prime last night. Joey King is in Bullet Train and The Lie. Actually she's been in a bunch of movies. She's a teenaged daughter of divorced parents. She kills her best friend and most of the movie involves the parents trying to cover it up. The end completely blew us out of the water. Neither one of us saw it coming.

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm1428821/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t2
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Netflix Ballad of Buster Scruggs several short stories in one movie

Amazon Hummingbirds David Attenborough

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/deta..._dp_share_cu_r

Ballad was worth the watch. Ill probably watch it again at some point
    Hummingbirds was nice if you google David Attenborough he has lots of nature documentaries
    "First time?" certainly applies to both.

Saying David Attenborough has lots of nature documentaries is like saying S&W has lots of revolvers.

Chris

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Four episodes in to The Sandman. Dark, weird, and wonderful. Can be hokey periodically, but nothing that doesn't fit the premise. The source material has been on my list of "to read" for years, so I can't comment on the quality of the adaptation, but if you enjoy jet-black fantasy, Netflix did a good job with this one.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=ORA2pflFAjw

This documentary, Send Me, is on Amazon Prime via Freevee. I thought I had a decent grasp on the disaster in Afghanistan last year but i was wrong. If anyone has a recall roster for the 82nd Airborne Division, I'd like to borrow it.

User Tag List