Page 708 of 812 FirstFirst ... 208608658698706707708709710718758808 ... LastLast
Results 7,071 to 7,080 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    It's very in depth. Days of Rage should be on everyone's list. It's unbelievable how all that recent history is simply forgotten. And very disheartening that all those terrorists ended up as cultural heroes of the Left and political influencers at the highest levels.
    F your mention of Days of Rage had to put a smile on Pat's face, it did mine now carry on mi amigo.

Site Supporter
    Finishing up the last couple of episodes of season two of "The Boys."
    Jeeesh! They're not even trying to be subtle. In fact, I think it's purposely in your face to conservatives. It obvious that the evil super hero, adored by the public, represent conservatives. They preach God and America while they kill, cheat, and steal.
    The last episode of season two starts with a PSA about a "Super Villain" attacking a school. They've even got an acronym, "LAW."
    1: Lock the doors.
    2: Arm yourself. (The teacher is directed to use their lawfully issued handgun.)
    3: Wait for a Super (short for super hero) to arrive.

I started this because it was similar to a series of novels I read.
    Renegade Series.
    The books were much better.

Not sure I'll bother with Season three.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Public Enemies by Michael Mann

I enjoyed it the second time quite a bit more than the initial viewing. Depp nails Dillinger and the rest of the cast is spot on as well. Mann's trademark violent messy gunbattles were particularly well done and the sound design was extraordinary. The Little Bohemia battle was downright visceral with the effects and sounds of .45s and ought six slamming into the ground, trees and the steel cars.
    Stephen Lang and Don Frye(remember that monster in the UFC?) almost steal the show as FBI gunfighters Winstead and Hurt. Frye has almost no lines, just his face is a character.

I'm now rereading the book it was based upon.
    I enjoyed both. I think I need to rewatch the movie.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Edge of the Earth (HBO) - Extreme athletes undertake unlikely expeditions in exotic places around the world (i.e., a team climbs up a mountain in Alaska and then snow skis/boards down it). Stunning scenery and some genuine "whoa" moments. Can be a little preachy with regards to climate change / conservation, but the series doesn't feel like an excuse for propaganda.

Makes you feel bad about watching things on HBO rather than being outside.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    "Crazy on the Outside."
    Name:  Crazy.jpg
Views: 334
Size:  72.4 KB
    It's a 2010 movie that I'd never heard of. It's got a stellar cast including Tim Allen, J.K Rolling, Sigourney Weaver, Jean Tripplehorn, Ray Liotta, Julie Bowen, Kelsey Grammar, and others.
    It's a Rom-Com with a redemption theme. You know how it's going to end after the first ten minutes, but you'll enjoy it any way. It's the journey, not the destination that counts in this one.
    5 of 5 stars from me.

I'm enjoying "undeclared war" (streaming on peacock) about cyber warfare between Britain and Russia in 2024.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I'm enjoying "undeclared war" (streaming on peacock) about cyber warfare between Britain and Russia in 2024.
    I just finished it (only 6 episodes). I thought it started out with promise (and some nuance), but it fizzled into a simple "Russia is evil" story with a dollops of woke identity politics thrown in. The season's crisis would have been averted if only the otherwise all white male nsa-like GCHQ had heeded the warnings of the marginalized bisexual vegetarian muslim coder and her black lesbian lover.

Intacto

2001 Spanish film about an underground contest where gamblers who have unnatural luck compete in ever more dangerous tests where chance is weighted against them.
    Running blindfolded across busy highways or through stands of trees they are weeded out until the very luckiest competes against a death camp survivor in a game of Russian Roulette with 5 of 6 chambers loaded.
    Other notions in the film are harvesting luck from paid "captives" and luck as a Zero Sum equation, where unnaturally lucky people benefit at the expense of others' bad luck.
    Slow but strangely compelling with excellent performances. Very un-Hollywood.
    On Amazon Prime.

Shoresy

Hulu, 6 x 30 minute episodes.
    TITFUCKER!
    The spinoff from Letterkenny has no business being as good as it is. They take a one-note periodic character who does nothing but foul mouthed chirping and build a warm, funny love letter to Hockey and Hockey fans.
    Plus the Jims are beauties, Nat's definitely a sniper and I would be so good to Laura Mohr.
    Can't wait for season 2.

I saw an interesting movie the other night called "I Am That Man" with Matthew Marsden. It's a story of a former Navy SEAL struggling to adjust to civilian life. He also takes revenge on the skinhead gang that killed his elderly Jewish neighbor. More drama than action, but definitely not woke.

User Tag List