Page 704 of 819 FirstFirst ... 204604654694702703704705706714754804 ... LastLast
Results 7,031 to 7,040 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    We just began watching the Paramount+ episodes of As the Grenade Turns (aka Seal Team). Based on only one episode, the only change from the network version has been that the language is saltier.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

[QUOTE=feudist;1374722]1883 on Paramount +
    Cisgender sexist warning!
    The show is enjoyable enough simply for the eye candy buffet. They bracket the age range from Isabel May as the 18 year old hottie, Gratiela Brancusi as the Young MILF, and Faith Hill as the mature woman.
    Other than that? C'mon man...
    The show is a retconned modern version of a 50s Oater, With liberated cowgirls and friendly Comanches(WTF? Comanches?). Add a dose of up-to-date action movie brutality of finishing off opponents on the ground and shooting people willy nilly. There's like 7 people killed in the first 10 minutes, all by Tim McGraw.
    There was a pseudo posse scene where the town Marshal(Billy Bob Thornton as "Long Haired Jim" Courtwright-sans any hair) just leads a shoot-on-sight wipeout of a gang of(bullies? Rudely behaving men?) in a crowded saloon. Simply on the say so of our protagonists.
    Then there is Sam Elliot's "leadership" of the greenhorn immigrants(who don't speak english at all until about a week on the trail.), which consists of screaming, threatening and just letting them do whatever they're inclined to do as utterly helpless babes in the woods. There's a guy channeling Strother Martin("Damme!") as somehow the cowgirl's love interest. And a Comanche with a hilariously wonderful Texas redneck accent.
    Sigh...
    She is a cute cowgirl though

Yep you nailed it. Only thing I'd add is Isabel's fake accent gets to be like nails on a chalk board after a while and any semblance of period accurate realism is MIA. Oh, and not to be a total Debbie downer but Obiwan is a disappointment. Surprise Disney I know.

Site Supporter
    Rob S
    1. safe travels

2. what bag(s) are you carrying

3. I have downloaded both Netflix and Amazon Prime to an iPhone and an Amazon Fire such that they should load up easily on your iPad.

a. in the app settings when the app is open, I think you can control the "density" of the file vis a vis picture resolution etc. to save space/decrease download time.

b. I try to download using my home wi-fi the day before I travel so I know it gets done right without rushing.

c. I typically download 2x airport wait/flight time total in content.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Started to watch PBS Nova specials. Two on material science. Electron rings and covalent bonding - brings back chem memories. Although when I went to school, the periodic table had 4 elements - Fire, Earth, Air, Water.

Where did you watch these? Geeky me still likes chemistry and physics. Still have my college physics book.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    My Vizio TV has a PBS app and Nova was a choice on it. There were two material shows.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Re Dark Winds on AMC:

Growing up. I could never get into the Hilleman books re Dark Winds etc. after trying once or twice.

Perhaps I will retry as I enjoyed the TV show.

I thought the actors were reasonably well cast and the right mix of "magic" for lack of a better term.

6+ hours of beautiful brown people is rarely a bad thing.
    Sort of an unremarkable story with a fairly predictable ending. But I enjoyed the first season. Cast was good. Cinematography was really good. It was also fun to see the old cars and guns. Everything seemed good except for the FBI guy with a BDM that was probably supposed to be a Hi-Power.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Spiderhead on Netflix. Entertainment if you like Sci fi (not especially my thing) but that’s about it. You won’t have to feel bad if you skip it. Too drawn out and when the plot reveal happened- I just didn’t care. They killed the only hottie when they didn’t have to and no guns/action to redeem it.

Gray Man was highly entertaining in the way a Marvel movie is. No surprise considering the directors.
    Chris Evans as the ebullient sociopath was quite enjoyable, he made me laugh out loud several times. Gosling was good as always.
    Anna de Armas...
    Even the little girl did a good job.

Site Supporter
    I’m rewatching Horatio Hornblower, which I watched as a kid on A&E over twenty years ago. So far it is as good as I remember it being.

Faaaaaa....

User Tag List