Page 70 of 817 FirstFirst ... 2060686970717280120170570 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I really enjoyed the new Star Wars movie: Rogue One. I think they finally got it right since the first one in 1977, in fact, in some ways, the story was even more rich and compelling and less campy.

Site Supporter
    I bought the DVDs for Game of Thrones - we have been watching two episodes per night working our way though the first six seasons. Enjoying it - lots of characters, multiple simultaneous story lines. I think watching it straight through from helps keep it all straight.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    I bought the DVDs for Game of Thrones - we have been watching two episodes per night working our way though the first six seasons. Enjoying it - lots of characters, multiple simultaneous story lines. I think watching it straight through from helps keep it all straight.
    I do the same with that show (DVD after the fact) and agree - I usually have to go back at least half a season (eg if watching season 4, start part way through season 3) so it all makes sense.

Couple of documentaries on Netflix:
    "Eddie- Strongman" - follows British strongman competitor Eddie Hall for a couple of years. Lots of large, hairy cartoon character looking men lifting very heavy objects, and the lifestyle needed to achieve that strength. Enjoyed it quite a bit; there's just something primal and inspiring about a dude deadlifting over 1000 lbs.
    And for contrast, "Fittest on Earth", about the 2015 Crossfit games. Basically a commercial in the form of a documentary. Lots of unnaturally good looking shiny happy rubbery people doing crazy exercise stuff. I'm still a little foggy on the whole competitive exercising thing, but no doubt they are some serious athletes.
    One thing I learned from both - man or woman, if your name doesn't end in "sson" or "sdottir" you're starting at a disadvantage ;-) Icelanders are all about lifting some heavy shit.

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    "Eddie- Strongman" - follows British strongman competitor Eddie Hall for a couple of years. Lots of large, hairy cartoon character looking men lifting very heavy objects, and the lifestyle needed to achieve that strength. Enjoyed it quite a bit; there's just something primal and inspiring about a dude deadlifting over 1000 lbs.
    And for contrast, "Fittest on Earth", about the 2015 Crossfit games. Basically a commercial in the form of a documentary. Lots of unnaturally good looking shiny happy rubbery people doing crazy exercise stuff. I'm still a little foggy on the whole competitive exercising thing, but no doubt they are some serious athletes.
    One thing I learned from both - man or woman, if your name doesn't end in "sson" or "sdottir" you're starting at a disadvantage ;-) Icelanders are all about lifting some heavy shit.
    Too late to edit, but:
    A couple of gun related moments in "Eddie".
    At a competition in LA he goes to a fun club and has some fun with a full auto AK.
    Later he's getting a haircut in Columbus,OH. The conversation must have turned to guns- one of the barbers shows him his gun (I didn't get a make), looked like he was carrying AIWB 😁 To the barber's credit, he unholstered and properly cleared it before handing it over.

Sent from my XT1095 using Tapatalk

I recently watched "Remember." It's basically "Memento" with old people. The main character is an Auschwitz survivor with dementia. He's trying to hunt down one of the death camp supervisors who fled to America after the war. He carries around a letter from his friend that reminds him who he is and what he's supposed to be doing.

I'm usually pretty good at predicting plot twists and I was only able to guess half of what ended up being revealed. My girlfriend and I both enjoyed it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh Runkle View Post
    For those who don't know:

Jimmy Stewart was a real life Bomber pilot during WWII. He left Hollywood to serve and flew bombing missions in hostile territory, and took some decent incoming fire, including loosing the floor of his plane beneath his feet and still landing the plane.
    Yep, he flew some missions over Viet Nam as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    "Strategic Air Command", a great 50's era movie with Jimmy Stewart as Dutch Holland, a ball player pulled back into the USAF during the transition of SAC from B36s to B47s. Watched free on Amazon Prime.

Good story, and tons of airplane shots.

I really liked it.
    If you liked that, you should read this: B-36 Cold War Shield: Navigator's Journal by Vito Lasala. I just finished reading it on Kindle.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Re watched Chef because I like food.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    My SO and I enjoyed this. Eddie didn't win World's Strongest Man last year, but he did set a new world record by deadlifting 500kg (1102.31 pounds). Nearly died in the process.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List