Page 696 of 818 FirstFirst ... 196596646686694695696697698706746796 ... LastLast
Results 6,951 to 6,960 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Doctor Strange 2 - enjoyable. Better than the DC movies.

Watched the second Dr Strange movie and really enjoyed it. The best- I didn’t have to do much thinking, just sat back and got entertained
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I missed the first episode before watching the second. I was lost. When I finally went back and caught the first episode, the second episode made a lot more sense.
    I rewatched the first episode before I watched the second. I’m really liking it so far.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

The Chestnut Man and The Thaw.

Both are slow burn but gripping and suspenseful European police investigative series that don't play to all the classic tropes and have characters (minor and major) who are given depth, at least for me.

I haven't finished "The Thaw" yet but so far so good.

I suggest you watch them in the original language (Danish and Polish respectively) with subtitles. The dubbed voices can't provide the right emotional tones.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Top Gun:Maverick

Enjoyed it. Not the best movie I've ever seen, but it delivered on what I expected - straightforward plot, ok acting, (somewhat) plausible story line, and pretty hawt action fly-boy type action scenes.

I'd normally give it 3.5 out of 5, but I added a half star for the air-cooled Porsche 911 at the end. So 4 out of 5 for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The Chestnut Man and The Thaw.

Both are slow burn but gripping and suspenseful European police investigative series that don't play to all the classic tropes and have characters (minor and major) who are given depth, at least for me.

I haven't finished "The Thaw" yet but so far so good.

I suggest you watch them in the original language (Danish and Polish respectively) with subtitles. The dubbed voices can't provide the right emotional tones.
    I enjoyed The Chestnut Man and I'm about half way through The Thaw. A few years ago I started watching some the of the European police series and kinda got hooked. They're way better than anything Hollywood made in the same genre.

A couple notable recommendations for you to check out if you haven't already is Wisting and The Valhalla Murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I enjoyed The Chestnut Man and I'm about half way through The Thaw. A few years ago I started watching some the of the European police series and kinda got hooked. They're way better than anything Hollywood made in the same genre.

A couple notable recommendations for you to check out if you haven't already is Wisting and The Valhalla Murders.
    The Valhalla murders had intrigued me but I didn't know about Wisting. I'll look them up.

Another that I may try soon is The Investigation, supposedly a true story and has a Game of Thrones alum.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Site Supporter
    I got a three DVD set of the John Wick movies for $5 at Walmart. I’d never seen the first two in their entirety. I’m halfway through the second one. They’re fun to watch since you have to suspend all belief. As Reeves himself has said, they’re Kung-fu movies with guns.

Man vs. Bee is pretty amusing after three episodes. But with the number of episodes (after the first one they're about 12-14 minutes long), and the fact that the season is nine episodes long, it seems like an idea for a movie script that some producer got the bright idea to chop up into a series.

Site Supporter
    Just reminded of "How the Universe Works" on The Science Channel. 284 on DirecTV.

Mike Rowe narrating cutting edge astrophysics stuff, with world class astrophysicists, and Discovery Channel budget type animation.

One of my favorite shows to watch, and fall asleep to...

pat

User Tag List