Page 694 of 812 FirstFirst ... 194594644684692693694695696704744794 ... LastLast
Results 6,931 to 6,940 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Not a huge tube watcher other than F1 & the BoSox but The Old Man on FX 16 June @ 2100 has me curious.

Quote Originally Posted by OldRunner/CSAT Neighbor View Post
    Not a huge tube watcher other than F1 & the BoSox but The Old Man on FX 16 June @ 2100 has me curious.
    We even have a THREAD about it.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Shoresy on Hulu.

A spin off from the great Letterkenny starring the hockey player character and expert "chirper" Shoresy. Not LOL funny like Letterkenny, but more of a funny and clever sports movie. When I first heard they were doing this with that character, I was wondering how they would take essentially a jerk and make him the lead. Well, they did a great job. He is still the same character, but there is some reason to why he is the way he is, and there is some growth as a person. The ending was very surprsing too in that they avoided most sport movie cliches. I am hoping there is a second season.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Watch "The Hunt" on Prime Video. I was entertained notwithstanding the ineptness of many of the hunted. The highlight of the movie is a "cat fight" that in my humble opinion raises the standard for such substantially. Worth the price of admission which, in my case, was $0. Had to watch a few commercials (FreeVee?)

Has anyone watched Drive to Survive? Binged it last year and am now addicted to Formula 1 racing….

I know they heighten the drama but the show is really well done.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by rdtompki View Post
    Watch "The Hunt" on Prime Video. I was entertained notwithstanding the ineptness of many of the hunted. The highlight of the movie is a "cat fight" that in my humble opinion raises the standard for such substantially. Worth the price of admission which, in my case, was $0. Had to watch a few commercials (FreeVee?)
    I enjoyed the movie and really, really enjoyed Betty Gilpin as the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil Burch View Post
    Shoresy on Hulu.

A spin off from the great Letterkenny starring the hockey player character and expert "chirper" Shoresy. Not LOL funny like Letterkenny, but more of a funny and clever sports movie. When I first heard they were doing this with that character, I was wondering how they would take essentially a jerk and make him the lead. Well, they did a great job. He is still the same character, but there is some reason to why he is the way he is, and there is some growth as a person. The ending was very surprsing too in that they avoided most sport movie cliches. I am hoping there is a second season.
    I love Letterkenny and I loved season 1 of Shoresy. Keep 'em coming. Season 11 of Letterkenny is due sometime this year yet.

ETA - I've never seen dippin' done as proper as Shoresy in any show ever.
    Last edited by JHC; 06-17-2022 at 01:26 PM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I am totally smitten by the old series "My Name is Earl". I missed out on it when it was on network TV but now it's on Hulu.

I can binge this like popcorn and rye.

And Jamie Pressley . . . Dayim.

The actor who plays Earl, has a restaurant now in Denton, TX where he lives with his fam.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Has anyone watched Drive to Survive? Binged it last year and am now addicted to Formula 1 racing….

I know they heighten the drama but the show is really well done.
    Heck yeah. I watched a little bit of F1 in high school but got away from it for the past 20 years or so. Binged D2S over the past month and now I'm hooked again, bought an F1 TV Pro subscription, and started listening to Missed Apex. I agree they sensationalized some things—to the point Verstappen wants nothing to do with the series anymore—but it's still fantastic.

Site Supporter
    Haven't read any of this thread. I got enough to hold my attention without getting random recommendations.

Two shows I enjoy FAR more than I expected to are both on REELZ Channel (238 on DirecTV) on Sunday afternoons. It takes some effort to watch (usually DVR ) because Sunday at 2100 is the start of my work week, so try to be lights out/Ambiened up by 1400. A quick check shows availbe on Amazon and Pluto, among other places.

Breaking the Band- not all the bands have broken up, just couldn't continue (Van Halen comes to mind). They go through fhe history of a band and it is riveting. Narrated by Dee Snyder, of Twisted Sister. He even narrates Breaking the Band: Twisted Sister. Currently watching The Scorpions. Have enjoyed Van Halen, Led Zepplin, Metallica, Twisted Sister, Rush, Pink Floyd and a bunch of others.

Also Story of the Songs. Just watched Van Halen, where they examine what makes the band stand out. Music journalists explaining that for much of their career VH were "a garage band that did what they did really, really well". They went through the various iterations of the band and what was different, what worked, and why, and what didn't work and why. Anxiously awaiting Alice Cooper - Story of the Songs later tonight.

pat

User Tag List