Page 693 of 817 FirstFirst ... 193593643683691692693694695703743793 ... LastLast
Results 6,921 to 6,930 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

We've watched episodes 1-7 of Season 4 of Stranger Things. It's been OK but I liked the first three seasons better. Too much flashing back for filling in characters' backgrounds. I've heard two more episodes will be released in July. One is supposed to be longer than two hours.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    No I'm talking about the late 90s tv version with Peta Wilson. The French version is a movie I think.
    Is this on Netflix?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Is this on Netflix?
    Tubi.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Spending 10 days at son and D-I-L's house looking after the granddaughters while they are at a conference. The better half and I decided to binge on streaming channels we don't have.

"Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" - Discovery+ - I had watched "Star Trek: Discovery" and enjoyed it. This looks like a spin off/sequel of that. I'll watch a few episodes before the better half wakes up, but won't grieve if I don't catch them all. This is much more woke and touchy-feely than any other ST series I've seen. And that's saying something. **

ETA: SIGH - Just gave up on it. I'm switching to "Guilty Party" The only thing I know about it now is Kate Beckinsale is in it. Hey, what else do you need to know
    Which ST is the woke one? I've watched both and found Discovery to be much more woke than Strange New Worlds, but it sounds like you're saying the opposite.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    No I'm talking about the late 90s tv version with Peta Wilson. The French version is a movie I think.
    I remember watching that occasionally when it aired. I had seen and liked the movie a lot. I thought the lead actress was a stunner. And her handler was a right bastard.

Site Supporter
    "Kimi" - HBO - An agoraphobic Seattle tech worker uncovers evidence of a crime. Kimi is an Internet service similar to Siri or Alexa, except, Kimi uses Tech workers to listen in on requests to correct mistakes the algorithm makes. Fast paced with a lot of action. ****

"Nobody" - HBO - Bob Odenkirk plays a docile family man who slowly reveals his true character after his house gets burgled by two petty thieves, which, coincidentally, leads him into a bloody war with a Russian crime boss. Over the top violence offered for fun rather than suspense. I was surprised at how well Odenkirk pulled it off. No smarmy lawyer here. Requires a LOT of suspension of disbelief, but a lot of fun *****

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Travel Man: 48 Hours in.... (Amazon Prime) - A travel show featuring Richard Ayoade, whom I knew from The IT Crowd primarily. Probably best summed up as, "Non-adventurous British people go places and are unimpressed by things." Definitely not the "celebrate the world" vibe of your typical travel show, but if you like British humour, it's hilarious.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    "Salvation" - on Discovery+
    This is a CBS show they've moved over to Discovery. I won'g go into the reasons I'm stuck watching it, but for a couple of days, as dumb as it is, it's my best option.
    This thing is stupid with a capitol STU. Come to think of it, the PID is capitol also. It's supposedly a bunch of geniuses saving the world from an extinction level asteroid impact. They write barely have enough technical knowledge to operate a light switch. Every idiotic and wrong Inter Net trop is trotted out.

Site Supporter
    Just finished S6 of Peaky Blinders. Perhaps it is just me but I did not "need" the subtitles quite as much this season as with seasons pasty re the accents.

NO Spoilers- I enjoyed it as an expose on the essential essence of a character/person based on intersection of culture and shared traumatic experiences and how the concept of Noblesse Oblige
    was explored in a decidedly disenfranchised community.
    I am not your attorney. I am not giving legal advice. Any and all opinions expressed are personal and my own and are not those of any employer-past, present or future.

Quote Originally Posted by vcdgrips View Post
    Just finished S6 of Peaky fucking Blinders. Perhaps it is just me but I did not "need" the subtitles quite as much this season as with seasons pasty re the accents.

NO Spoilers- I enjoyed it as an expose on the essential essence of a character/person based on intersection of culture and shared traumatic experiences and how the concept of Noblesse Oblige
    was explored in a decidedly disenfranchised community.
    FIFY

User Tag List