Page 692 of 817 FirstFirst ... 192592642682690691692693694702742792 ... LastLast
Results 6,911 to 6,920 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Obi-Wan-Kenobi

I'm not the world's biggest Star Wars fan but I do like it.

This is shite, though.

There is a theory going around that the Disney execs hate Star Wars fans and hold them in contempt.

This is exhibit A.

The writing is so lazy, the action so lackluster and the performances so generic that I started watching it on 1.5X with subtitles.

Each episode has gotten sillier. The plot armor would stop a Harpoon missile.

2 more eps left.I'll speed up to 2x.

Top Gun: Maverick at the IMAX was the best theater experience I've had in a very long time.

Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Obi-Wan-Kenobi

I'm not the world's biggest Star Wars fan but I do like it.

This is shite, though.

There is a theory going around that the Disney execs hate Star Wars fans and hold them in contempt.

This is exhibit A.

The writing is so lazy, the action so lackluster and the performances so generic that I started watching it on 1.5X with subtitles.

Each episode has gotten sillier. The plot armor would stop a Harpoon missile.

2 more eps left.I'll speed up to 2x.
    I don't know about the execs, but there are a not-small number of people on the staff (asst. producers, writers, set designers, etc) who have openly expressed contempt for the franchise on social media. I get that not everybody works a show they love, but the Venn diagram of Disney staff on Star Wars and Disney staff who loathe the franchise seems... substantial. And based on the outcome it's not hard to believe.

I punched out a while ago. I might be convinced to continue Mandalorian if the next season gets rave reviews from people I trust. Otherwise...
    Grab your gun and bring in the cat.

Girlfriend's Day on Netflix: a down on his luck greeting card writer gets mixed up in the shadier side of the greeting card industry. An unusually short movie with an absurd plot and a deadpan serious delivery, not perhaps quite film noir but with definitely similar characters and plot.

It seems the combination of a silly plot and deadpan delivery has caused the movie to get mixed reviews - a whole lot of people really dislike this movie. We found it refreshingly different and quirky. Thumbs up from me and my girlfriend, but do be advised that this movie is not for everyone.

Site Supporter
    "The Righteous Gemstones." - HBO - The better half had watched the first season and enjoyed it. I'd caught snippets of it as she watched. We decided to give season 2 a try. They've upped the raunch factor and fowl language considerably. We gave it up about half-way through episode 2. **

"Beforieigners" - HBO - Just finished season 2. It was as good as season 1. I love they way it shows the social consequences of a group of people displace in time. I would never have thought of the ghettos that pop up for people from each of the three times "Timeagrents" come from. Also the social protests between groups.
    The main character is Krista Konosnen. This lady is a horse, and I mean a Clydesdale. It couldn't find physical stats on her, but I'm sure she's taller than 6' and tops the scale at least 180 lbs. When she beats some dude's butt, it's believable. They really dress her down as she's supposed to be a viking. I've seen her IMDB page though and it looks like she cleans up well. (A SEXIST WOULD SAY!) *****

"Chosen" - Netflix - First episode was a little slow and I almost gave up on it. But it picked up in episode 2 and I really enjoyed it. Every time I thought I had it figured out, it threw me a twist. Only 1 season that ends on a bit of a cliff hanger, and neatly sets up for an assumed season 2. *****
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-09-2022 at 08:29 AM.

Site Supporter
    Spending 10 days at son and D-I-L's house looking after the granddaughters while they are at a conference. The better half and I decided to binge on streaming channels we don't have.

"Star Trek: Strange New Worlds" - Discovery+ - I had watched "Star Trek: Discovery" and enjoyed it. This looks like a spin off/sequel of that. I'll watch a few episodes before the better half wakes up, but won't grieve if I don't catch them all. This is much more woke and touchy-feely than any other ST series I've seen. And that's saying something. **

ETA: SIGH - Just gave up on it. I'm switching to "Guilty Party" The only thing I know about it now is Kate Beckinsale is in it. Hey, what else do you need to know
    Last edited by Bigguy; 06-10-2022 at 10:35 AM.

Site Supporter
    I started Beforeigners last night based on recommendations in this thread. So far I like it. Very interesting and one plus episodes in, it seems pretty well done to me. It's a really interesting take on immigration and assimilation.

I've been relaxing before bed with episodes of Miami Vice and La Femme Nikita.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I've been relaxing before bed with episodes of Miami Vice and La Femme Nikita.
    I saw the American version staring Maggie Q. It did OK on a slow night. I eventually got tired of it. Wonder how the original French version stands up. I assume that's the one you watched.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I saw the American version staring Maggie Q. It did OK on a slow night. I eventually got tired of it. Wonder how the original French version stands up. I assume that's the one you watched.
    No I'm talking about the late 90s tv version with Peta Wilson. The French version is a movie I think.

User Tag List