Page 688 of 819 FirstFirst ... 188588638678686687688689690698738788 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,880 of 8186

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    I watched this recently myself. The first three seasons are really good. The rest, not so much, at least in my opinion.
    Agreed. Like almost any show that tries a follow on years later, they came nowhere close to matching the magic of the original in the netflix version.
    Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Well, that took me by surprise. I watched season 1 [of Bridgerton] and liked it OK, but felt like I'd had enough and haven't bothered with Season 2. I'll have to rethink that and give it a shot.
    So, I did watch season 2 of Bridgerton and...I thought it was great. I enjoyed season 1 well enough, but the two main characters they built the romance around weren't compelling to me and some of his traits in particular were irritating - enough so that I wasn't interested in season 2. Man, I'm glad I watched it though. I enjoyed everything about this season. All of the characters and storylines were interesting, the central romance was epic and, of course, it's beautiful - the people, the costumes, the settings, everything is gorgeous. I also really enjoy the musical choices. Using classical renditions of pop songs should suck but it worked really well. There, I think, it helps that I watch everything with subtitles these days (because the alternative is turning things up to deafening volumes so I can make out the dialogue) and seeing the titles of the songs they choose to go with various scenes, they just click. Thank you @feudist for taking the time to write your review.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I'm well into season 2 of Loudermilk on Prime and still getting laughs out of it.
    We just began watching it and we're enjoying it. Having been around the edges of that world, what with doing child abuse/neglect cases in family court, it seems pretty damn real.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    So, I did watch season 2 of Bridgerton and...I thought it was great. I enjoyed season 1 well enough, but the two main characters they built the romance around weren't compelling to me and some of his traits in particular were irritating - enough so that I wasn't interested in season 2. Man, I'm glad I watched it though. I enjoyed everything about this season. All of the characters and storylines were interesting, the central romance was epic and, of course, it's beautiful - the people, the costumes, the settings, everything is gorgeous. I also really enjoy the musical choices. Using classical renditions of pop songs should suck but it worked really well. There, I think, it helps that I watch everything with subtitles these days (because the alternative is turning things up to deafening volumes so I can make out the dialogue) and seeing the titles of the songs they choose to go with various scenes, they just click. Thank you @feudist for taking the time to write your review.
    To continue my fangirling...
    Pathetically, I have rewatched S2, and watched scenes on YouTube. It is a masterclass in creating the most intensely romantic entanglement possible. Everything from the choice of music as you noted, to the use of music to echo their emotions, the POV of the camera work and how their encounters increasingly take place in a softer focus, the use of their hands to touch and almost touch(The pinkie scene) and of course the acting by the principals.
    The characters are both innately admirable people, intensely devoted to their families and personal honor to the point of self abnegation. Finding each other and recognizing each other's reflection completely sells the way their worlds are knocked off axis by each other.
    During the last dance, when their hands moved between their faces and her eyes emerged....I swooned like a 16 year old girl at a boy band concert.
    Criminy.
    I'm 60 years old.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by feudist View Post
    Criminy.
    I'm 60 years old.
    Man did I laugh because 57 here and basically all of what you said applies. I'm kind of a sucker for a good romance or romcom anyway, but this was just next level well done I thought.

Site Supporter
    The remark of Candyman. Nice time waster. Don't say his name 5 times. If you are a police officer, don't put someone in the back of your car and let them say the name. If they start, run for your life. Stopping power, etc. - worthless if he shows up.

Talking about this with the wife. We do not believe in such. However, we will not say things like this. If we hear chains or moans in the basement and attic, not going to see what it is despite having significant firearms. Flee. However, faced with a monster, if we get it down - then head shot and flee as Courtney Cox did in Scream.

Site Supporter
    Just finished season 1 of Night Sky. It's got loads of talent with J. K. Simmons and Sissy Spacek. It stands on a pretty good plot device, but ha a lot of moving parts. A lot of flashbacks kept me a bit confused too. Season 1 ended a bit predictably and I'm sure they planed on a season 2. Time will tell.

Netflix-

Recently re-watched "Mission Blue' for the umpteenth time; fantastic and sobering as always. One of the suggestions was "Tales by Light" which is a series about adventure/austere-locale photographers. I am enjoying it as telework background noise, although I do wish the episodes were a bit longer and maybe a bit more technical in presentation. The storytelling is on par with most NatGeo docs, nothing outstanding but enjoyable and does require a lot of mental bandwidth to digest.
    "Do nothing which is of no use." -Musashi

What would TR do? TRCP BHA

While sizing 223 cases I watched Dirty Harry. Been long enough it was interesting how much detail I forgot.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Season three of "Love Death and Robots" on Netflix. This is an animated anthology series. I suppose the theme is in the title. A lot of it is dystopian. As an anthology, there isn't a required connection from episode to episode. But the first episode of season 3 has a surprise ending that pays homage to the first episode of season 1.
    So far as I know, that are all "animated." Some use spectacular CGI, other hand drawn cartoons.
    The last couple of episodes on season 3 are so photo-realistic that I'm trying to confirm they are really CGI. If so ... Holt ... excrement!

ETA: I just looked up the earlier episode. It was episode 1 of season 1. Both are named. "Three Robots." Do yourself a favor. If you don't watch anything else, watch these two episodes in sequence. It's a bit woke, but funny enough to make it worth it.

ETA-2: I just looked up the IMDB for LD&R. It says this is an "animated" series. If that is true, then we no longer need actors. That last episode is more photo-realistic than some old film movies and TV shows. Another "cute" move that addresses this is an old one with Al Pacino named, "Simone." That is a good (if dated) watch also.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 05-23-2022 at 10:50 PM.

User Tag List