Page 670 of 819 FirstFirst ... 170570620660668669670671672680720770 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,700 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Shoresy View Post
    Solid agree with all. I'll keep watching, and it clears the bar of "does not suck", but that's about all I can come up with for it. They did some things very well, a few things very poorly, and a lot with rock solid mediocrity... and none of it seems terribly coherent.
    I have enjoyed the show but can’t disagree with y’all. I guess I’m the target audience for fan service

My older daughter was super annoyed with all of the sand people flash backs. I found them to be the best part of the show. I would like to see more of them.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I gave up 45 minutes into "The Power of the Dog" - nothing compelling happened in that amount of time. Unless someone here says the payoff was worth it, I'm happy to leave it alone.
    I didn't even last that long.

Chris

Just watched the new Texas Chainsaw that dropped on Netflix. It starts out feeling like it’s going to some social commentary BS, but it comes around pretty quickly. I gave it a 7/10 on IMDB.

now binging DS9 along with M*A*S*H.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Site Supporter
    Im finishing up season 2 of Yellowstone right now. It’s pretty good but 1883 is better. But My God, Montana is beautiful!!

Site Supporter
    I just started season 2 of TURN: Washington's Spies. Some excellent performances and it tells a good story.

Just watched the classic 1932 "The Mummy" with Boris Karloff. Fun! Interesting to see that it did not have the stiff-armed lurching mummy character associated with the genre.

Next up: the 1959 Peter Cushing/Christopher Lee version.

Quote Originally Posted by peterb View Post
    Just watched the classic 1932 "The Mummy" with Boris Karloff.
    A wonderful movie.

The later Hammer Films remake with Christopher Lee pales in comparison, attempting to meld elements of Karloff's intelligent and evil ancient Egyptian magician with the lurching gauze-wrapped creature of the 1940s Universal Pictures "mummy" pictures (the shambling, strangling tana-leaf-brew-drinking Kharis), though of course Christopher Lee is always fun to watch.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Cold Pursuit is an American remake of a Norwegian movie. I haven't seen the original, but this remake feels like it keeps some of the Nordic atmosphere with plenty of humour despite the body count. I felt pretty apprehensive at the thought of watching another "Liam Neeson gets his revenge" movie, but I ended up rather liking this one! I recommend giving this a go.

Some of the firearms stuff doesn't really translate that well into an American setting (ie. "why doesn't that guy simply walk into a gun store and buy all the pistols and AR's"), so it's a good idea to remember where the original movie was made when watching this.

Severance has been intriguing enough for the first two episodes that I'll continue. Workers at a company have to undergo a medical procedure that separates their memories between their work and personal lives.

What really annoys me is the fact that I remember reading a short story on the internet about 10 years ago with this basic plotline. I want to read it again to remember how similar it was and of course I can't find it now.

User Tag List