Page 660 of 817 FirstFirst ... 160560610650658659660661662670710760 ... LastLast
Results 6,591 to 6,600 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Ballad of Narayama

Thought it was very good,

Japanese film from 1958.
    "The rules in the village are simple. When you reach the age of 70, you must go up to the top of Narayama mountain and wait there until you die. "
    "The Ballad of Narayama" is about an old woman whose time has almost arrived",
    Last edited by Robert Mitchum; 01-04-2022 at 03:16 AM.

Over the weekend we watched the first episode of the Book of Boba Fett (looks promising) and binge watched the new season of Cobra Kai. While I never cared much for the original Karate Kid movies, I do like the way the series is using them as source material for continuing the story, not unlike the way the new Star Wars series draw from the movies, cartoons, books, etc.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I'm deeply hooked on Letterkenny we just started last week.

Cold open:

Great show. Last season was a bit of a letdown, but this season (I am three episodes in) is getting back to the higher standards. It is so unHollywood that it is amazing that it got made.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

The "Hawkeye" TV series on Disney+ has been enjoyable. Unlike some of the recent superhero stuff, it does not have a woke axe to grind. It just tells a good and fun story about a good character.

Spiderman: No Way Home was very good as well. I did not have much hope for it after the dreck of the last few MCU movies, but it turned out to 1) very fun with good action and little social justice warrior stuff, and 2) good fan service for nerds like me that go back decades. My wife is a good barometer for these things. She is definitely not a nerd, and does not geek out at these, and she enjoyed this more than almost any other superhero movie.

The most recent "British Baking Show" was probably the most enjoyable season yet.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    "Hand of God" on Netflix. Ron Perlman plays a judge who's son committed suicide. He starts having visions directing him to get justice/vengeance on those he feels responsible for his son'd death. The people who raped the son's wife and made him watch.
    I like Perlman and will watch something just because he's in to. But I swear, if you do a DNA test on him it will come back 95% Neanderthal.
    Dana Delaney playes his wife (One of them at least.) Babe is 65, same age as me. I wish I looked half a good as she does. She'll still make a fella turn his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Dana Delaney playes his wife (One of them at least.) Babe is 65, same age as me. I wish I looked half a good as she does. She'll still make a fella turn his head.
    Well, to be fair, the show premiered in 2014 when she was "only" 58...
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Site Supporter
    "Hand of God" on ̶N̶e̶t̶f̶l̶i̶x̶ [Amazon]. Ron Perlman plays a judge who's son committed suicide. He starts having visions directing him to get justice/vengeance on those he feels responsible for his son'd death. The people who raped the son's wife and made him watch.
    I like Perlman and will watch something just because he's in to. But I swear, if you do a DNA test on him it will come back 95% Neanderthal.
    Thanks for the tip.... Added to my watch list...

Amazon... Not Netflix, however.. Fixd above.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

"Hand of God" on Netflix. Ron Perlman plays a judge who's son committed suicide. He starts having visions directing him to get justice/vengeance on those he feels responsible for his son'd death. The people who raped the son's wife and made him watch.
    It's definitely worth a watch and Dana Delaney is definitely a plus.

I found it on Amazon Prime.

Site Supporter
    Starting Season 4 of Yellowstone.

We watched The Forgotten Battle last night on Netflix. It's about the Battle of the Scheldt after the liberation of Antwerp. The plot was a little difficult to follow. The early scenes seemed random and disjointed. It didn't flow well like Saving Private Ryan or The Fury. Best way for me to describe it was gratuitous misery. Not a single scene ended on an up note.

Sheldon Cooper might have liked it. He Called Schindler's List "a feel-good romp if there ever was one."
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

User Tag List