Page 657 of 819 FirstFirst ... 157557607647655656657658659667707757 ... LastLast
Results 6,561 to 6,570 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik View Post
    Subtitles help A LOT.
    Ha!. Thanks for the tip.

There was quite a bit of "What did he say?" followed by rewind 10 seconds.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watched the new Matrix. What's the point? Most of humanity is in tubes. A few folks can live in a cave. It's like some of the hogs got to live in the children's petting zoo.
    Watched it last night. Bunch of woke BS. Skip it.

Site Supporter
    The Monkey King Reborn on Amazon. I have a thing about Sun Wukong and the Journey to the West, having read some it. So when I see a Monkey King movie or series, I watch it.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Season two of 'The Witcher' feels like it really dialed in to the good aspects of season one. It's a much better show this time around.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Lilyhammer on Netflix. Steven Van Zandt of the Sopranos plays an New York Mafiso in witness protection. He picks Lilyhammer as nobody would suspect him of going there. Not realistic, but a lot of fun watching Van-Sandt steam roll peace-nic Norwegian culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    The Monkey King Reborn on Amazon. I have a thing about Sun Wukong and the Journey to the West, having read some it. So when I see a Monkey King movie or series, I watch it.
    How was it?

Site Supporter
    It was a typical CGI Asian animation, not to deep in plot. A major demon returns and threatens Sun Wukong's master monk and society, With a fight and the all is lost but let's find a power up, the Monkey King takes him down.

It was entertaining if you like the genre.

Site Supporter
    After watching some more Southland, I realize how much better of a show Adam 12 is. Southland could have been so good, but it was over the top with how screwed up everyone was. Not to mention there are enough detective shows out there and having a patrol focused show would be refreshing.

Adam 12 may be little cheesy at times, but I think it's better.

A show somewhere between Adam 12 and Southland would be nice to see.

The Book of Boba Fett - off to a fun start.

The Matrix Resurrections - thought it was just meh. Over 20 years later, it's hard to approach the concept with the same wow factor. I'd much rather have John Wick 4 now and Matrix 4...never?

Tenet - kind of a fun ride, trippy, some cool cinematography with the inverted time. Kept me intrigued for a couple hours at least.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The Great on Hulu, about Catherine the Great, is fun. But if you know any Russian history, you have to shut your mind off to enjoy it.

Peter III was not the son of Peter the Great, Catherine was almost twice as old as shown in the show when she took power, she didn't invent the Molotov Cocktail, the actual coup was bloodless, Peter himself was killed eight days later (supposedly dying of "hemorrhagic colic", the Russian equivalent of "excited delirium").
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List