Page 648 of 820 FirstFirst ... 148548598638646647648649650658698748 ... LastLast
Results 6,471 to 6,480 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Dexter, New Blood

I liked it. No significant plot spoilers but an irresponsible EBR purchaser comes to his just desserts. Dexter does some good anti-retention moves.
    Same, here. Really enjoyed it and really am looking forward to see how the rest of the story unfolds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Dexter, New Blood

I liked it. No significant plot spoilers but an irresponsible EBR purchaser comes to his just desserts. Dexter does some good anti-retention moves.
    Being party to an 01 FFL makes me more aware of the rules than most, but Dex committed *a lot* of felonies in that transfer while portrayed as being an 'Eagle scout' by the pushy asshole buyer, and that alone completely ruined the episode for me.
    Hopefully it doesn't ruin the whole series but if the 'theme' of that first episode persists, it'll be hard to waste my time watching it.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    FFL's are bound by law to deny a transfer if they see *anything* that suggests the buyer/transferee is an illegal user of controlled substances (MJ card in the wallet while they pull out a drivers license is astonishingly common these days) or are currently intoxicated. Also, the transfer *MUST* occur at the address listed on the FFL itself. There's no 'delivering' it to a buyer at another location. Nevermind that an EBR in that configuration can't be sold in NY regardless of buyer.

In rough sequence from memory, the buyer:
    -acted like a total asshole with an unsheathed knife twice in the first visit to the shop. I've never been in a single business with an FFL, big or small, chain or mom & pop, that wouldn't totally empower their folks at the counter to kick at guy out on the spot for doing that kind of shit.
    -Eyeballs a McBullshit AR15 build that is absolutely not NY state legal where the episode is presumed to be, complete with 30 round magazine inserted in the rifle on display.
    -gets delayed on the background check -and it's heavily implied that there isn't a 'no sale/denied' result possible from the system, when there absolutely is
    -Dex sees the buyer acting like a total drunk jackass at the bar later that night, and the buyer begs/buddy-buddy's him into skipping the waiting time, Dex rightly says no.
    -gets a 'proceed' the next day, which is rare, typically it's radio silence through the waiting period whereupon you can proceed with the transfer
    -Dex's Boss at this sporting goods store tells Dex to deliver the rifle to the buyer at his Dad's 'Chalet' whereupon Dex walks into open use of lots of drugs by several folks including the buyer, and hands it over to the buyer there on the spot with a 'Just need a signature!'

Also, having hunted game animals before, seeing Dex somehow sprinting through snow up to a ~30yd totally clear broadside shot on a deer, several times in a row, in presumably the same week, was pretty unbelievable too.

Been enjoying Yellowstone.

Was a bit disappointed with the season opener last night. Was hoping for more "Vengence!" 😂😎

Quote Originally Posted by Chomps View Post
    Been enjoying Yellowstone.

Was a bit disappointed with the season opener last night. Was hoping for more "Vengence!" 😂😎
    Well, then what are they going to do for the rest of the season?

Two things bothered me:

1. I'm pretty much deaf in a noisy environment, which was what we had at the time we were watching. So after Rip found John Dutton and transported him to the helicopter, I asked my wife 'what about the gal and her son?' She (my wife) told me that Rip told Dutton that he (Rip) had had them transported. I didn't hear that, I even watched it again and still didn't. Did any of you hear that?

2. I got a little discombobulated during the segment where the ranch hands were playing cowboys and domestic terrorists. The scene gave a glimpse of Jimmy laying there motionless with his girlfriend checking his pulse, and then cut to a couple of frames showing the hanging body, or vice versa, not absolutely which came first. Regardless, the context I got was that these were concurrent events. Did anyone else notice this?
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lehr View Post
    Well, then what are they going to do for the rest of the season?

Two things bothered me:

1. I'm pretty much deaf in a noisy environment, which was what we had at the time we were watching. So after Rip found John Dutton and transported him to the helicopter, I asked my wife 'what about the gal and her son?' She (my wife) told me that Rip told Dutton that he (Rip) had had them transported. I didn't hear that, I even watched it again and still didn't. Did any of you hear that?
    I did not see anything about the mother and child, nor the person who opened the box/bomb
    2. I got a little discombobulated during the segment where the ranch hands were playing cowboys and domestic terrorists. The scene gave a glimpse of Jimmy laying there motionless with his girlfriend checking his pulse, and then cut to a couple of frames showing the hanging body, or vice versa, not absolutely which came first. Regardless, the context I got was that these were concurrent events. Did anyone else notice this?
    Jimmy fell much earlier practicing rodeo ( in the last episode of season 3), but apparently he wasn't found until the hanging?

Site Supporter
    Just started watching True Detective Season 1 again. So far it's just as compelling the second time.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    I did not see anything about the mother and child, nor the person who opened the box/bomb

Jimmy fell much earlier practicing rodeo ( in the last episode of season 3), but apparently he wasn't found until the hanging?
    I remember him falling but didn't remember it was during the finale. I just googled 'Jimmy falls and is injured on Yellowstone' so it is possible that the storyline is indeed that he was injured right before the attack.

I'm a grown man, you'd think I had something better to worry about.
    Adding nothing to the conversation since 2015....

I'm caught up, I think, with Invasion (up to episode 5). I'm liking it more than I thought I would. I think that even my wife would have liked it since it's really almost zero science fiction so far. But I'm not starting over.

I've started Foundation also. Up to maybe episode... 3? 4? Wife would *not* like this one. I wasn't sure about it after episode 1 but things have gotten progressively more interesting from there. I find that this is not a show you can't give your undivided attention to. Get distracted and it becomes difficult to tell who is who and what time you're in.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I'm caught up, I think, with Invasion (up to episode 5). I'm liking it more than I thought I would. I think that even my wife would have liked it since it's really almost zero science fiction so far. But I'm not starting over.

I've started Foundation also. Up to maybe episode... 3? 4? Wife would *not* like this one. I wasn't sure about it after episode 1 but things have gotten progressively more interesting from there. I find that this is not a show you can't give your undivided attention to. Get distracted and it becomes difficult to tell who is who and what time you're in.
    Ive got Showtime Anytime with my Hulu sub,.. Not sure how I missed this!!! I'm a HUGE Isaac Asimov fan and have read the entire foundation series. Gonna hafta check this one out.

Watched this on a whim to kill some time and ended up watching all 3 currently released episode. Based of the Game "League of Legends". The first 3 episodes lay the ground work, following two orphan sisters who were rescued during a war/class rebellion by a man on the lower class side. Fast forward some years and we follow the orphans on a heist that goes wrong and potentially causes instability in the underworld society by forcing the hand of the upper classes and hilarity ensues. Episode 3 is where it really gets going and the later half of that episode is what sold me on the show (no spoilers).

The art and animation is amazing, the writing is solid,the characters are well acted, and the lore is intuitive and shown more often than told. This is far better than I was expecting. I have not played the game it is based of off and so far it has been pretty easy to follow along. there is a magic and science element to it as well. So far, it feels like Full metal Alchemist meets Elysium.

User Tag List