Page 646 of 822 FirstFirst ... 146546596636644645646647648656696746 ... LastLast
Results 6,451 to 6,460 of 8211

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The new Chucky TV series is pretty good, surprisingly. I’m hoping they keep it straight (as straight as a killer doll can be) and stay away from Bride and Son of Chucky story lines.

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I just started watching Counterpart on Prime Video and really like it so far. JK Simmons is the main character.

Trailer
    https://youtu.be/c3Bu2DOM66g

We've gone through 5 episodes in season 1 now. Very interesting movie. We have to frequently pause it to confirm who each character is and/or what world they're from. It wouldn't hurt to replay some of the episodes. You have to really pay attention.
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

Site Supporter
    Finished season three of "Yellowstone."
    Seriously didn't like the way S3 ended. Surely there's going to be a season four. (And no, I didn't call you Shirley.)
    That brand makes me think of female reproductive organs. IE: Fallopian Tubes, Uterus, Vagina, and Pubic arch.
    I found it hard to believe that a Montana Rancher would have so many photos of Obama hanging on the walls. They seem a bit progressive in their political alliances.
    Title sequence and theme song reminded me a lot of "West World."
    If they release a S4 on Prime, I'll bite the bullet and spend the $15 to watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    We've gone through 5 episodes in season 1 now. Very interesting movie. We have to frequently pause it to confirm who each character is and/or what world they're from. It wouldn't hurt to replay some of the episodes. You have to really pay attention.
    It's a little subtle at first but you get to know each character's demeanor...or if you see one of the Howards wearing all black and being an asshole. They'll also forecast when switching to the Prime world by adding modern architecture in the same shot or people wearing masks or not many people in public at all because of the pandemic. Notice the bluer tones, solar panels on roofs, etc.

The show's subtitles use Alpha and Prime to tell the characters apart so that's how people on the web have been differentiating the two worlds. Alpha being the one where Howard's wife (Emily) is comatose and Prime where Howard and Emily are divorced.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by johnson; 10-29-2021 at 10:41 PM.

Site Supporter
    Yesterday: Dune. Yes, you should see it.

Tonight: apparently, we must watch every minute of every episode of The Voice.

And then all of the trailers ever made for Dune because my wife didn’t realize there were so many of them. And now my daughter actually wants to go see it, and I get to go see it again!!

Inside Job on Netflix: an animated series in which a socially awkward genius woman working for the deep state handles issues like office politics, a difficult relationship with her father, human-lizard people relations, impeding nuclear holocaust, and so on.

If you've seen Archer you pretty much know what to expect. Recommended for those who liked Archer.

Watched "The Lighthouse" on Amazon Prime last night. It seemed like director Robert Eggers was trying to copy Lars von Trier. He succeeded pretty well. It was boring, confusing, and strangely watchable all at once. I wouldn't recommend it, but I won't dismiss it as trash either.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Code 8 on Netflix had potential but it ended up being a snoozer.
    I rather liked that movie. A Canadian version of "people with superpowers are discriminated against", in which Nobody. Wears. Fucking spandex.

Honestly though, I thought it was a good, more serious/realistic (not sure that's really the right word, hopefully you guys know what I mean) version of the superpowers theme.

Now on the other hand, the movie my girlfriend selected for this weekend was the 1980 horror movie Cannibal Apocalypse, which... Do I really need to go on? Good grief, talk about a movie being a "B-movie"! Recommended viewing for those who are into that sort of thing though. I don't think a movie can be much more "B" than that without sliding all the way down to "C".

Quote Originally Posted by Duelist View Post
    Yesterday: Dune. Yes, you should see it.

Tonight: apparently, we must watch every minute of every episode of The Voice.

And then all of the trailers ever made for Dune because my wife didn’t realize there were so many of them. And now my daughter actually wants to go see it, and I get to go see it again!!
    Good for you! I saw it for the 2nd time last night. Picked up several things that I didn't notice in the first viewing, which makes sense as it was 'date night' and I was with a girl that like to whisper in movies.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    "Counterpoint" on Prime. I'm four episodes in and it's good so far. Makes me think of a darker and more focused "Fringe." J K Simmons and Olivia Williams.
    Three things in the first episode caught my attention:
    An assassin is headed for a hospital room when she notices something that warns her off. She slips off her shoes so she's not tottering around in high heels during the running gunfight.
    Her Semi-auto pistol is equipped with a suppressor. It still goes bang!
    A guy gets into a car with three people he's going to shoot. He puts plugs in his ears first.

User Tag List