Page 645 of 819 FirstFirst ... 145545595635643644645646647655695745 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,450 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    As was mentioned, the worst part of Dune is that it's two-and-a-half hours and the story barely gets started. It's a gorgeous film, but I'm not sure folks that aren't sci-fi fans will get much out of it, as so much is left unexplained and there's no conclusion at all.
    There’s quite a few movies that I’ve seen that are like that. I really wanted to like that movie Stillwater with Matt Damon but since it apparently was based on just enough of that Amanda Knox story to keep from having to pay for the rights to use it, they left so much out. The movie just starts out with some ole random Oklahoma deck hand gathering stuff up to board a plane for France which doesn’t even look excited to do it and they don’t even explain why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    On the flight to Spain I mostly read, but I did watch "The Marksman". Complete trash. Just a throw your hands up and say "What the fuck?" multiple times kind of movie that relies very heavily on a host of tired tropes and a ridiculous premise from the start. Easily the worst movie I've seen in years. It's just fucking terrible. Its like someone watched Gran Torino and said "let's do that premise, but shittier in every possible way" and in that way they excelled. I kept waiting for it to get better. It didn't. It just stayed baseline terrible or slightly worse.

On the way back I wasn't in a reading mood so I watched:

Bladerunner 2049: I liked it. Nothing really standout as far as the story, although it was interesting and had some nice touches. The visuals were fun and the premise was pretty much what you expected, but with a few interesting twists. OK, maybe one.

Justice League: Not a fan of the Batman guy they have now, but an ok popcorn movie.

Thor: Ragnorak: I liked it better than Justice League but not as much as Bladerunner. Lots of cool special effects, fun characters, story moves at a good pace.
    Ever since the original played by Michael Keaton, the second and maybe the third Batman, the first Spider-Man movie and maybe after the third X-Men movies, I just can’t get into those superhero movies anymore unless of course it’s Deadpool and Hancock… Lol.

I just finally watched for the first time that Invisible Man remake that came out almost 2 years ago. I’m not sure how it stacks up against the original 1933 version being that I’ve never seen it but I enjoyed it. I can definitely see myself watching this movie another couple times, maybe even owning it on 4K ultra Blu-ray.

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by corneileous View Post
    Ever since the original played by Michael Keaton, the second and maybe the third Batman, the first Spider-Man movie and maybe after the third X-Men movies, I just can’t get into those superhero movies anymore unless of course it’s Deadpool and Hancock… Lol.

I haven't watched a superhero movie outside of an airplane for probably 20 years or more.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Site Supporter
    I've been wanting to see "Yellowstone," but it would coast $15.00/Mo on Prime. Yeah I'm a cheap b@$$t@rd. I'm already spending too much on streaming video and just couldn't get myself to spend more. Then it occurred to me to check the Public Library. They had all three seasons. I've checked them out and the wife and I have a few days of binging ahead. Just finished the first episode. Dang they're long. But if it holds up, it will be a darn good show.

I rented Old Henry on Prime the other day. I enjoyed it. It’s definitely got an Unforgiven vibe to it. The characters are shown doing SAA reloads during gunfights. Standby for the surprise. You might pick up on it. Recommended.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

C-Bar Studios. Saw the first one at the Western Channel.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    C-Bar Studios. Saw the first one at the Western Channel.
    Ive watched both movies and thought Id add a comment. Theses are independent movies by the writer Mark Bauer.
    He also acts in them and is the producer. Theres no political correctness involved here. If there are any aspiring actors here they have auditions. Apparently there is a trend in independent westerns. I hope to find other independent movies similar to these. Actually I hope Mark makes more movies.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Site Supporter
    As I mentioned in another thread, My Name on Netflix - a Korean cop show is great.

Now, can you say modern Indian troops with AR/M4 or whatever pattern rifles vs. resurgent British colonial Zombie troops with flintlocks. Rare to see Zombies with firearms but the Dead Red Coats are coming in this one. Betaal on Netflix.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Three episodes in and I'm officially giving up on "Y: The Last Man". The premise seemed interesting, but by the middle of the second episode, you don't even notice because you've seen all the characters before.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List