Page 644 of 819 FirstFirst ... 144544594634642643644645646654694744 ... LastLast
Results 6,431 to 6,440 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by johnson View Post
    I just started watching Counterpart on Prime Video and really like it so far. JK Simmons is the main character.

Trailer
    https://youtu.be/c3Bu2DOM66g
    Great show. Even better during pandemics.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Dune: a real mixed bag here. Beautifully filmed, mostly accurate, mostly. All of the latent homosexual subtext surrounding House Harkonnen is gone. In 1968 it was acceptable to use homosexuality as a way to illustrate degeneracy, but not in 2021. The use of terms like "jihad" has been erased since no one wants to look Islamophobic these days. Fortunately, neither of these is vital to the story progression. We don't need them to realize the Fremen are a cross between Berbers and Apaches, or that the Baron Harkonnen is pretty much a baby raper. Feyd Rautha doesn't appear in this movie. If he's in Part Two I don't know how they'll deal with it, since the character's pretty much a flaming psychopath. Simpering emo boy Timothy Chalamet portrays the coddled young Paul Atreides well, we'll see if he can get over his period long enough to play the bad ass Kwisatz Haderach in Part Two. There's the rub: Part Two. It's uncertain if a second movie will be green lit. Part One is really nothing but exposition and lead up, there's no pay off as a stand alone movie. So, it's either going to be the first chapter of a masterpiece, or 2.5 hours of your life you'll never get back. Time will tell.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’m watching a Korean series called The Squid Game on Netflix
    Finished season one myself just last night. Vast secret organizations are always a little bit unbelievable and there was some derp with gun stuff, but those are pretty minor issues - overall it was a rather well made series. It is worth a try.

Dune sucked. At least it sucked for and hour or so and then I gave up. I'd wager it didn't get better. Boring, tedious, slower than a sloth.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    As was mentioned, the worst part of Dune is that it's two-and-a-half hours and the story barely gets started. It's a gorgeous film, but I'm not sure folks that aren't sci-fi fans will get much out of it, as so much is left unexplained and there's no conclusion at all.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    On the flight to Spain I mostly read, but I did watch "The Marksman". Complete trash. Just a throw your hands up and say "What the fuck?" multiple times kind of movie that relies very heavily on a host of tired tropes and a ridiculous premise from the start. Easily the worst movie I've seen in years. It's just fucking terrible. Its like someone watched Gran Torino and said "let's do that premise, but shittier in every possible way" and in that way they excelled. I kept waiting for it to get better. It didn't. It just stayed baseline terrible or slightly worse.

On the way back I wasn't in a reading mood so I watched:

Bladerunner 2049: I liked it. Nothing really standout as far as the story, although it was interesting and had some nice touches. The visuals were fun and the premise was pretty much what you expected, but with a few interesting twists. OK, maybe one.

Justice League: Not a fan of the Batman guy they have now, but an ok popcorn movie.

Thor: Ragnorak: I liked it better than Justice League but not as much as Bladerunner. Lots of cool special effects, fun characters, story moves at a good pace.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Great show. Even better during pandemics.
    I finished the first season yesterday and it seemed like the writing got progressively worse in the last few episodes like they didn't know how to tie everything together.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    Thor: Ragnorak: I liked it better than Justice League but not as much as Bladerunner. Lots of cool special effects, fun characters, story moves at a good pace.
    It’s a movie that you can believe the actors enjoyed making.

Quote Originally Posted by BehindBlueI's View Post
    On the flight to Spain I mostly read, but I did watch "The Marksman". Complete trash. Just a throw your hands up and say "What the fuck?" multiple times kind of movie that relies very heavily on a host of tired tropes and a ridiculous premise from the start. Easily the worst movie I've seen in years. It's just fucking terrible. Its like someone watched Gran Torino and said "let's do that premise, but shittier in every possible way" and in that way they excelled. I kept waiting for it to get better. It didn't. It just stayed baseline terrible or slightly worse.
    I watched it while flying back from Dubai. I agree with everything you said there.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Dune sucked. At least it sucked for and hour or so and then I gave up. I'd wager it didn't get better. Boring, tedious, slower than a sloth.
    I really wasn’t even crazy about the original one so I probably have no use for the long awaited remake.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List