Page 633 of 820 FirstFirst ... 133533583623631632633634635643683733 ... LastLast
Results 6,321 to 6,330 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post
    This looks like it might be a fun watch when it comes out. I’m a sucker for a decent “western” especially one set in the South East and I think Tim Blake Nelson looks the part of an old William H. Bonny.

Attachment 76564
    I’ll be going to see this.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Brand New Cherry Flavor on Netflix. A young woman's short film gathers attention and she is invited to Hollywood to make a full feature film version of her work. After her movie is stolen from her, she employs a local witch to cast a curse on the person who did the stealing. In payment, she has to puke up live kittens for the witch. After that, the series gets a bit weird.

At times the series gets up to Twin Peaksish levels of weirdness, but with more sex magic and zombies and corpses. Definitely not nearly as family friendly as Twin Peaks was. Definitely not nearly as annoying to watch, either.

If you're into this sort of horror movies and series, I'd say it's worth a try.
    Agree it meets or exceeds Twin Peaks weirdness. For sort of a cliche story about filmmaking it has sort of a clumsy wave towards a sequel. I will be looking for more from Rosa Salazar where she has a less constrained character to play.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

The Duellists from 1977 by Ridley Scott.

Based on a short story by Joseph Conrad, itself inspired by the real story of two cavalry officers in Napoleon's army who fought, against each other, some thirty duels over nearly 20 years.

It's an excellent period piece that has held really well since its first release (good sword fights too) about honor and spite (at least in my opinion) during the Napoleonic wars.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

Based on a short story by Joseph Conrad, itself inspired by the real story of two cavalry officers in Napoleon's army who fought, against each other, some thirty duels over nearly 20 years.

It's an excellent period piece that has held really well since its first release (good sword fights too) about honor and spite (at least in my opinion) during the Napoleonic wars.
    They couldn't have been too mad at each other. A few decades back, I read a history of dueling and some of them weren'tsurvivable. "Shotguns, pressed to the chest, fire on the count of three."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Miss Meadows

Just watched this for the second time, very few movies do I watch more than once.

https://www.amazon.com/Miss-Meadows-.../dp/B0755KV7SC
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I’ll be going to see this.
    Me too

Clints got a new one.

Funny you should say this:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    They couldn't have been too mad at each other.
    From the trivia part of the Imbd page:
    "Unlike their fictional counterparts, the real men were cordial with each other when not dueling and even dined together following their battles."

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    A few decades back, I read a history of dueling and some of them weren'tsurvivable. "Shotguns, pressed to the chest, fire on the count of three."
    From the trivia part of the Imbd page:
    Of the real antagonists: "Dupont tricked Fourier into wasting his shots on two dummy targets he cobbled together. He then approached Fourier with both pistols aimed. When he had gotten to point blank range he said that if Fourier were to ever challenge him again, then the weapons would be pistols and Dupont would get the first two shots from three feet way. Faced with the possibility of certain death Fourier withdrew the challenge permanently."
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post

I watched it the other night. $4 on Prime. It was outstanding. I really enjoyed it. Keith Carradine and Harvey Keitel. Great old buildings and Hussar uniforms.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

In case anyone was wondering, SAS: Rise of the Black Swan is indeed a very, very dumb movie.

User Tag List