Page 630 of 817 FirstFirst ... 130530580620628629630631632640680730 ... LastLast
Results 6,291 to 6,300 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "Let Him Go" on HBOMax. I never thought much of Kevin Cosner's acting ability. However he seemed to find his niche playing old western guys. So I figured it would be worth the watch. It wasn't. Watching paint dry would have been a better use of my time.

We're watching the Showtime series "Billions" on Hulu. I'm enjoying it. The one aspect of the show that strains credulity is the gal who is an in-house headshrinker/performance coach at the fund office. They pay her MILLIONS of dollars. She's somewhat hot, but not THAT hot. Her advice to her patients sounds like something Chauncey Gardner would say in "being there" and he was supposed to be a half-wit.

Still, it's a pretty good series. Supporting actor Davis Costabile really stands out among a strong cast.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I’m about halfway through the second season of this, I think. I believe there are only two (so far, I hope?).

I’ve really enjoyed it. I’m somewhat shocked that DC has allowed a show like this with their IP. Swearing, killing, boobs… I guess since they’ve been getting mauled by Marvel for so long, doubling down on ruining series with SJW bullshit like WW84, that they’re willing to try anything.

Which I’m glad of, because it’s turned out good.
    Season Three is out/starting!

I've watched episode one and a sliver of two. It's my reward for riding my bicycle to nowhere for now.

I'm thinking about checking out Doom Patrol based on how much I like Titans. There was some overlap in (IIRC) season 1.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

I tried to like "Doom Patrol" mainly because I liked the comic as a kid. The show didn't hold my interest.

I always liked the comic "Magnus, Robot Fighter". It wasn't DC or Marvel. It was a Gold Key title. Magnus' attire was pretty gay....a la Lt Dangle of "Reno 911". AFAIK, no one has attempted a movie based on Magnus.

I was listening to Sebastian Gorka the other day. He was interviewing Amanda Milius and she was talking about her Dad’s movie Big Wednesday. I haven’t watched it in years. Milius grew up surfing in LA and this movie is his American Graffiti. It follows Matt, Jack, and Leroy growing up and apart through the 60s and 70s to the big swell/surf on Big Wednesday when they all return to surf the big waves. It’s available for rent on Amazon Prime Video.

I never surfed a day in my life but I loved it.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Site Supporter
    Titans is ok but has stupid plot problems. I can't get into Doom Patrol. The new Superman and Lois show is pretty good.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    “Free Guy” Is a cute movie. And it is so nice to see a movie that isn’t a sequel, or a remake, or a reboot, or part of a “franchise”.

(Of course, they’re probably going to make a sequel to it.)

It was a little draggy in spots. I’ve never played any of those huge multiplayer games, but I understood the concept. I’ll bet there was a lot of inside-baseball-type humor that went over my head.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    I was listening to Sebastian Gorka the other day. He was interviewing Amanda Milius and she was talking about her Dad’s movie Big Wednesday. I haven’t watched it in years. Milius grew up surfing in LA and this movie is his American Graffiti. It follows Matt, Jack, and Leroy growing up and apart through the 60s and 70s to the big swell/surf on Big Wednesday when they all return to surf the big waves. It’s available for rent on Amazon Prime Video.

I’ll have to check that out.

I’ve never surfed either and still get a kick out of the original Endless Summer.

Another of my favorite documentaries is “On any Sunday” about motorcycles and motorcycle racing, including some cool Steve McQueen content.
    im strong, i can run faster than train

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

I’ve never surfed either and still get a kick out of the original Endless Summer.

Another of my favorite documentaries is “On any Sunday” about motorcycles and motorcycle racing, including some cool Steve McQueen content.
    Endless Summer is the next recommendation from Big Wednesday. On Any Sunday is great movie too.
    Just a dog chauffeur that used to hold the dumb end of the leash.

Quote Originally Posted by Caballoflaco View Post

Endless Summer is the next recommendation from Big Wednesday. On Any Sunday is great movie too.
    Endless Summer 2 is “better” IMO mostly because it’s my generation (came out my first year in college).

My wife and I started watching 100 Foot Wave, which has a kind of a tie-in to ES2. The star talks about visiting Laird Hamilton and crew and finding them towing one another into the waves, which revolutionized big wave surfing, and actually re-launched his career into big wave surfing. The stars of ES2 also visit Laird in the movie and are awed at what they are doing with jet skis and big waves.

(BTW, I’m pretty thoroughly convinced that Laird Hamilton & Gabby Reece’s kids will one day take over the world!)

I’m not a surfer either. Never done it, and not likely to start. What I like about these kinds of shows and movies is the passion and dedication these guys have. I like any kind of documentary about people with that level of passion, drive, dedication… obsession… about anything.
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Titans is ok but has stupid plot problems. I can't get into Doom Patrol. The new Superman and Lois show is pretty good.
    I’m not expecting “call me Ishmael” from DC and HBO

User Tag List