Page 612 of 818 FirstFirst ... 112512562602610611612613614622662712 ... LastLast
Results 6,111 to 6,120 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by O4L View Post
    I read elsewhere that it is full of "wokeness". Is that something you noticed?
    I didn't notice that it was full of that. There's a storyline involving Billets, and by extension, harassment of female officers. It certainly went on in my era, which was pre-woke.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Watched Jupiter’s Legacy. Pretty good. Hope they do a season two. Not as gritty as The Boys or as weird as The Umbrella Academy, but then season two of both of those sucked.

Started Another Life, which I think I had started or maybe even watched all of before as it seems familiar but no so much that I can remember what happens next before it happens but I do find myself going “oh yeah, that!” After most of the scenes, but not all of them.

Not sure what I’m gonna do when this one runs out. I like the suggestions Bosch but I’m hoping to watch that with my wife…
    Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Not sure what I’m gonna do when this one runs out. I like the suggestions Bosch but I’m hoping to watch that with my wife…
    My wife also likes Bosch, but not sure she got into Line of Duty on Amazon.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

We just finished the third season of Billions on Amazon Prime. Mostly good but I'm impatient and it get a little slow at times, just like any series we've ever watched. That's what laptops are for, though. I want bad things to happen to Chuck- can't stand him. Does that make me bad? LOL
    "Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. It has to be fought for and defended by each generation." - Ronald Reagan

The Kings is an excellent 4 part series if you're a boxing fan.

Quote Originally Posted by delphidoc View Post
    We just finished the third season of Billions on Amazon Prime. Mostly good but I'm impatient and it get a little slow at times, just like any series we've ever watched. That's what laptops are for, though. I want bad things to happen to Chuck- can't stand him. Does that make me bad? LOL
    I've tried to watch that a couple of times now and I may eventually get back to it again. It just seems so long and drawn out sometimes.

I think I need to watch more movies. I'm getting burned out on series.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I didn't notice that it was full of that. There's a storyline involving Billets, and by extension, harassment of female officers. It certainly went on in my era, which was pre-woke.
    I burnt through the season on Friday night after work. I was listening hard for wokism's after Harry showed up not wearing his gun in an early scene (I was still taking work calls so maybe there was some reason for that... IDK) I found the plot about the incel's harrassing Billets pretty on-point and relevant and could see how that could happen in a larger agency.

The incel's no-showing to a call got my blood boiling pretty good. I was semi friends with a shift mate who, while we were catching a meet in the field, mentioned he wasn't going to "bust his ass" getting to a help call that came out from a female officer and acted like he wasn't even going to respond. I went and he did respond, but at EOS told him if I ever saw or suspected that from him again I'd drop a entire roll of dimes on his ass. He didn't last much more than a year as I recollect.

It wasn't the series strongest year but I'm still hungry for the sequel and will go back through season 7 at a more adult pace to see what I missed.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Site Supporter
    Watching Bosch, but there is a separate thread on that. Tried to watch some stupid new Godzilla anime since I was a fan since I was a kid, stupid, boring.

Watching North Woods Law with my spouse. Mildly entertaining and relaxing. Like to see the animals. Could have used them last night as a skunk bombed the neighborhood. Phew!

"Luca" on Disney+

It's like "Little Mermaid." For boys. In 1960's Italy. With a Vespa scooter as the object of desire instead of a handsome prince.

We found it to be quality family-time viewing with younger-teen and older-teen children. Enjoyed it.

"Wonder Woman 1984"
    Based on the reviews, I expected it to be utterly horrible. The first three-quarters weren't terrible, albeit with some gapingly-huge plot holes. The ending was utter crap, though. I found I actually liked the relationship between WW/Diana and Steve.
    Verdict: most people will want to take a pass
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Watched Jupiter’s Legacy. Pretty good. Hope they do a season two. Not as gritty as The Boys or as weird as The Umbrella Academy, but then season two of both of those sucked.
    Name:  yeah-well-thats-just-like-your-opinion-man.jpg
Views: 144
Size:  40.7 KB

Back into watching Dexter on Amazon.

User Tag List