Page 608 of 812 FirstFirst ... 108508558598606607608609610618658708 ... LastLast
Results 6,071 to 6,080 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I finished Mare of Eastown last night. There's a lot of things they did well and not very many that they didn't. Typically with cop shows, the cop brings their job home which has a negative and often disastrous impact on their family life, so it was a pleasant change to have a show where the cop's home life had an adverse effect on their job.

I've never really paid attention to Kate Winslet. I mean, I remember she was in Titanic and she played the wife of a Russian Jewish mobster forced to take over the day to day affairs of the business while her husband in the Gulag in the movie Triple 9, but this show really allowed her to showcase her acting chops.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I finished Mare of Eastown last night. There's a lot of things they did well and not very many that they didn't. Typically with cop shows, the cop brings their job home which has a negative and often disastrous impact on their family life, so it was a pleasant change to have a show where the cop's home life had an adverse effect on their job.

I've never really paid attention to Kate Winslet. I mean, I remember she was in Titanic and she played the wife of a Russian Jewish mobster forced to take over the day to day affairs of the business while her husband in the Gulag in the movie Triple 9, but this show really allowed her to showcase her acting chops.
    Concur. It really captured the hopelessness of the crappy little former iron belt towns. Winslet did a great job..

Rosco

Bosch season 7

Releases June 25th.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Concur. It really captured the hopelessness of the crappy little former iron belt towns. Winslet did a great job..

Rosco
    Speaking of hopelessness of the crappy little former iron belt towns, American Rust is a tv series coming to Showtime this fall. We watched Unforgiven last night on Showtime and there was a very short trailer prior to the movie. It's based, probably loosely, on a book of the same name that I haven't read. Jeff Daniels appears to be Mare in this one.

Tried to watch army of the dead....
    Made it thru about 5 minutes.
    👇👎👇👎👇
    "... And miles to go before I sleep".

Site Supporter
    Watching Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection. Was a fan of original show and found it on Youtube.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Watching Space Battleship Yamato Resurrection. Was a fan of original show and found it on Youtube.
    Is this related to the old Starblazers cartoon?

Site Supporter
    Yes, they didn't want to intially call it the Yamato because of the WW II connotations. Today, no one really cares. My kid liked it and I got sucked into watching it. I had a friend from Hong Kong who would bring the Japanese video tapes here and we would watch them. He would translate as he spoke Japanese also. Great guy - damn USA immigration forced him to go back to Hong Kong during the takeover, that's a different story.

Anyway, the Yamato is my favorite starship - she would take the Enterprise and a Star Destroyer apart.

Site Supporter
    I used to love that cartoon back in the 80s. I'll have to watch this at some point.

With the kid, we're still working in the West Wing, and are halfway into season 1 of Star Trek: The Next Generation.

With the wife, been watching Downton Abbey. The grand matriarch is fucking hilarious, and I ain't gonna lie I was ready to throw shit at the screen when they killed Mathew at the end of the one season.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

User Tag List